Question on selling something here

cindy100
cindy100 Posts: 256
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
Hi to all! I have a pair of speakers that I would like to sell. I have read the rules and want to get an opinion on whether I really am able to sell before I post. The rules say that a member has to have at least 25 posts and contribute to other parts of the forum. First off, I have over 25 posts but as for contributing and (as one of the other members here knows) I don’t know much about stereo equipment so not sure if I qualify or not. I certainly don’t want to do something I shouldn’t so I’d like to get your opinions here first.

As always, thanks so much in advance for your time and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Cindy
Post edited by cindy100 on

Comments

• edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited May 2007
    It's pretty hard to post 170 times without contributing a little. That and the fact that you have been a member here for over a year, I would say you are good to go. I think those rules are there mainly for the guy who joins today, posts randomly in 25 different threads and then tries to sell something(which you clearly haven't done)

I say, Sell away and good luck!
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,161
    edited May 2007
    cindy100 wrote: »
    Hi to all! I have a pair of speakers that I would like to sell. I have read the rules and want to get an opinion on whether I really am able to sell before I post. The rules say that a member has to have at least 25 posts and contribute to other parts of the forum. First off, I have over 25 posts but as for contributing and (as one of the other members here knows) I don’t know much about stereo equipment so not sure if I qualify or not. I certainly don’t want to do something I shouldn’t so I’d like to get your opinions here first.

As always, thanks so much in advance for your time and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Cindy

Absolutely you are allowed. Just because you aren't a post **** like many others here :D doesn't mean you can't participate in the FM. Get you ad ready with pics, a firm price, a good description and how you will take "dibs" requests and you are good to go.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited May 2007
    Go ahead and offer up your item.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2007
    Cindy, actually you should email / pm me first, with what you offering. ;)
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited May 2007
    Even if you didn't have your 25 posts, if you posted a pic of yourself & you're a hottie - your in!! :D
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited May 2007
    Even if you didn't have your 25 posts, if you posted a pic of yourself & you're a hottie - your in!! :D

Wow Phil. Sell away.
  • Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited May 2007

And if you include your picture with the speakers you may get a little more for them:)

Aaaaaah, that's soooo bad. Damn you Phil...why you drag me down this road?

Mike
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited May 2007
    Some of you guys are nuts!:eek:

Post away Cindy, you didn't get 170 posts by just looking at your screen!:D
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited May 2007
  • cindy100
    edited May 2007
    Thanks so much everyone! I just hope someone is interested and the price is fair. I guess I'll soon find out.

Cindy
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited May 2007
    Cindy --

What part of GA are you from?
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,437
    edited May 2007
    You're golden, Cindy.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited May 2007
    I'm in love;)
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited May 2007
    I think some of you guys may be giving Cindy the wrong impression.

The picture of yourself, posing with the speakers, would have to be, of course, in good taste.
    Nothing revealing; a one-piece swimsuit would always be viewed as tasteful and very business-like.

The gentlemen of Club Polk have high standards and, suprisingly, have quite delicate sensibilites.
    I should have added "thigh-high cut" to the swimsuit description.

So .... post away !

Pleeeeeeeeeze !

P.S. and don't listen to Cfrizz.

:)
    Sal Palooza
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited May 2007
    Do it,, good luck with your sale:)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    edbert wrote: »
    It's pretty hard to post 170 times without contributing a little.
    what about ///\\\///\ person they sure were rolling LOL
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • cfrizz
    edited May 2007
    If some of the men on this board were TRUE gentlemen, they wouldn't be asking for personal pics in the first place!:rolleyes:

So I suggest you stick to cat pictures BBL! Or better yet post one of yourself in the hunky men thread. Naturally you should be in a speedo!:eek: :p;):D

I think some of you guys may be giving Cindy the wrong impression.

The picture of yourself, posing with the speakers, would have to be, of course, in good taste.
    Nothing revealing; a one-piece swimsuit would always be viewed as tasteful and very business-like.

The gentlemen of Club Polk have high standards and, suprisingly, have quite delicate sensibilites.
    I should have added "thigh-high cut" to the swimsuit description.

So .... post away !

Pleeeeeeeeeze !

P.S. and don't listen to Cfrizz.

Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    now you have gotten cfrizz stired up gentlemen.
    What you going to do when they come for you Bad boys Bad boys
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • cindy100
    edited May 2007
    EarlyB,

I am just a little NE of Atlanta. I just read the message from Russman about the price being too high so not sure what I'll do with them. I kind of thought that when I didn't see any responses on it today. I'm going to ask him a question related to that and see what he says.

Thanks again everyone,

Cindy
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited May 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    If some of the men on this board were TRUE gentlemen

Have you not been paying attention, this is thePolk forum, no gentlemen here.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • cfrizz
    edited May 2007
    On the contrary, FrankZ, George Grand, Ted, Troy, Noel, Henry all come to mind right off the top of my head!:)
    hoosier21 wrote: »
    Have you not been paying attention, this is thePolk forum, no gentlemen here.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited May 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    If some of the men on this board were TRUE gentlemen, they wouldn't be asking for personal pics in the first place!:rolleyes:

So I suggest you stick to cat pictures BBL! Or better yet post one of yourself in the hunky men thread. Naturally you should be in a speedo!:eek: :p;):D

Hey guys ! Dig out the Speedos from the basement stash pile .... the blue ones, with the Playboy logo.

Oh, for gawd's sake, no Dad !! Please !!

And get out the Speedos we got for the cat last year, too

{sob}

Hey, anybody know where the Nair's at ?

Well, if you insist ..........

Sal Palooza
  • cfrizz
    edited May 2007
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!:D :D:D:D
    Hey guys ! Dig out the Speedos from the basement stash pile .... the blue ones, with the Playboy logo.

{sob}

• MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited May 2007

{sob}

I can't find the blue one. I do have my elephant thong with the trunk in the fromt though.:D
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited May 2007

and if your selling we would need along with pics of the equipment. Some other swimsuit and lingerie shots along with them:D
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction