Anyone have the Comcast Package?

Early B.
Early B. Posts: 7,900
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
I have Comcast for cable television and AT&T for phone/DSL. I pay about $200/month total for both. Comcast has a Triple Play Plus promotion going on right now for $129.99/month for 12 months and it includes HBO and Starz. Regular price is $169.15/month.

Just wondering, based on the experiences of others, if going to Comcast for phone/DSL services is worth it. I might save a few pennies each month, but I don't want to go through the hassle if Comcast has an inferior system or worse customer service than AT&T (they've actually been pretty good to me).

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
Post edited by Early B. on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited May 2007
    Comcast's "digital phone" is technically VOIP. So you get all of the problems associated with that (your phone won't work if your internet's down, 911 issues, somewhat decreased sound quality, etc).

Other than that, I know a couple of people who have used it and had little to no problems.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited May 2007
    I have comcast. Every station, the phone and net for around $170.00 per month. I haven't had any problems with the service being down. I do think I had a better picture when I had RCN though.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited May 2007
    I don't know if they do it in your area, but you can get a bundle here through Dish Network and AT&T for your phone, DSL and Satellite television. Can save you a pretty penny and if you have Cingular or the new AT&T wireless there are even more savings and just one bill. My parents have it and love it. Might be worth looking into. Those prices vary by location mainly for phone service and they live in Arlington, TX
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited May 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Comcast's "digital phone" is technically VOIP. So you get all of the problems associated with that (your phone won't work if your internet's down, 911 issues, somewhat decreased sound quality, etc).

Other than that, I know a couple of people who have used it and had little to no problems.

I've had this for awhile now and have had zero issues...and I don't notice anything about the sound quality
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited May 2007
    I dont have Comcast but Cablevision which is almost the same and have not had a single problem.