We got the Superbowl!!! (sorry Indy residents)

edbert
edbert Posts: 1,041
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
It's official.

The North Texas area will host the 45th Superbowl on February 6th, 2011.
I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
Monitor 30's - surrounds
CS1 - center
PSW10 - I'll let you guess
Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
Sony Progressive scan DVD
XBOX

SOPA since 2008
Here's my stuff.
Post edited by edbert on

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited May 2007
    Where are you getting the story?
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited May 2007
    ESPN Radio just announced it...to be hosted in Arlington in a stadium that doesn't exist yet
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited May 2007
    Love to see them have the balls to stop playing this shiite in a typical good weather town or in a domed stadium.
  • edbert
    edited May 2007
    I listened to the live press conference on The Ticket, 1310 AM. The are the official radio station of The Dallas Cowboys.

The new stadium is on it's way up. They actually have vertical steel in place. The City of Arlington does it right. They have the Rangers Stadium and now will have the Cowboys Stadium less than a mile away. Dallas city council and mayor couldn't stop fighting and making stupid requests of the Cowboys and Jerry Jones to build it in Dallas, so they went to Arlington and it passed in no time. You'd think a city of 1.2 million people would cough up the funds to bring in a money maker and the home of America's team, but instead the 350,000 residents of Arlington made it happen. Doesn't really make sense but I don't live in either place, so I never had an official say.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • edbert
    edited May 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Love to see them have the balls to stop playing this shiite in a typical good weather town or in a domed stadium.

I'm with you on that. I would love to see another Superbowl in Green Bay, or Denver, or even the Meadowlands. High school kids do it without getting paid, so should the professionals(yes I understand that the conditions won't be quite as bad but you get the point).

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited May 2007

I think some of us are a bit biased on this opinion, but I agree.

It will, however, never happen. The Super Bowl is just as much about entertaining rich executives as it is about the game, and rich executives don't want to spend a week with the frozen tundra (no offense to the wonderful town of Green Bay, of course).
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Demiurge
    edited May 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    I think some of us are a bit biased on this opinion, but I agree.

It will, however, never happen. The Super Bowl is just as much about entertaining rich executives as it is about the game, and rich executives don't want to spend a week with the frozen tundra (no offense to the wonderful town of Green Bay, of course).

We all have heated sky boxes.
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited May 2007
    Hmph.... Grunt, Snort, Pfff... At least we got the COLTS!!!
  • edbert
    edited May 2007
    rskarvan wrote: »
    Hmph.... Grunt, Snort, Pfff... At least we got the COLTS!!!

I bet the Irsay family is pissed. They got passed up in '92 and then to get passed up again for the 2011 game, the same year that they would celebrate 40 years of team ownership, they get passed up again.

I guess Staubach just out talked Dungy(although it would be pretty hard, Dungy is a class act).

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited May 2007
    We all have heated sky boxes.

What the hell would all those "pretty" people do all week in Green Bay? Hang out in local bars drinking Old Mil and eating butter burgers?:D
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • Demiurge
    edited May 2007
    krabby5 wrote: »
    What the hell would all those "pretty" people do all week in Green Bay? Hang out in local bars drinking Old Mil and eating butter burgers?:D

Same thing they'd do in Minneanapolis or Chicago! :D

Those socialites really need to get out more and be human.
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited May 2007
    Yummy.... Culvers Butter Burgers!!!
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited May 2007
    It doesn't change much, just more traffic. Who the heck can afford the super bowl? I don't even go to regular games. Especially the Arlington Cowboys.:mad:
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited May 2007
    I went to almost every Pats game for 3-4 years (coincidentally during their championship streak). Nearly put me in the poor house buying tix and beer and tailgating stuff every couple weeks, but goddamn is a football game a fun time.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.