Muchas Gracias to Tweeters

fatchowmein
fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
They sold me a MIB LSi15 for under $800 (including tax).

I bought the last pair.

This is DFW area. Call around first because they're running out fast. 40% discount but I find they're willing to negotiate. YMMV.

Good luck!
Post edited by fatchowmein on

Comments

• zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited May 2007
    That seems to be a common theme on this site lately. It's too bad there are no Tweeters up here in the Northwest. Congrats on the steal.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited June 2007
    Is this 40% at all tweeters?
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited June 2007
    The discount is in closing stores.
    The closing stores are now ran by a holding company.
    The current discount on speakers is 50%
    They had two lsi15 left speakers left. One cherry, one black!
    only $365 per. Too bad they weren't left and roght in different colors. That I could fix.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • BaggedLancer
    edited June 2007
    Where can I find a list of closing stores?
  • BaggedLancer
    edited June 2007
    Nevermnd I found the list, going to hit one up this weekend and see what ic an buy up.
  • sucks2beme
    edited June 2007
    Where can I find a list of closing stores?

Just go online and search for local stores. If one close to you no longer appears, it is closing. Those stores are no longer ran by Tweeter.
    Tweeter is not posting that info, since it might hurt sales at the remaining
    stores.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited June 2007
    Damn, nice snag. I'd be all over that quick fast and in a hurry.
  • kn505
    kn505 Posts: 380
    edited June 2007
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    The discount is in closing stores.
    The closing stores are now ran by a holding company.
    The current discount on speakers is 50%
    They had two lsi15 left speakers left. One cherry, one black!
    only $365 per. Too bad they weren't left and roght in different colors. That I could fix.

Are there any LSi9 left?
  • fatchowmein
    edited June 2007
    kn505 wrote: »
    Are there any LSi9 left?

It's been a week since I've been by. They had a cherry pair left. Not sure about this week.
  • KrazyMofo24
    KrazyMofo24 Posts: 1,198
    edited June 2007
    Anyone know if they're is a decent amp to power Lsi 7's at Tweeters thats less than $200 after discount.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• fatchowmein
    edited June 2007
    Anyone know if they're is a decent amp to power Lsi 7's at Tweeters thats less than $200 after discount.

Didn't see one during the last week but electronics were only 30% off.
  • sucks2beme
    edited June 2007
    Amps at Tweeter run between useless and high dollar. That's why they didn't get much of a following.
    I had to bring in an amp of my own last year to listen to Martin Logans. They didn't have anything to drive it.
    AndyGwis might still have a NAD left over.
    I've got a Rotel RB980ax sitting in the box. That's more than you
    have budgeted. But that would be more in line with what you're looking for.
    ADCOM, Rotel, B&k, etc would fit the bill. $200 to $400 depending on the deal.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,192
    edited June 2007
    KrazyMofo, How do like your FXi5's?? The Tweeter I went to today had a pair for $250 and I'm really thinking about going back tomorrow and picking them up...if they are still there.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited June 2007
    Awww, all the tweeters near me are staying in buisness. :(
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • sucks2beme
    edited June 2007
    Referer, just keep waiting. They'll go under sooner or later!;)
  • KrazyMofo24
    KrazyMofo24 Posts: 1,198
    edited June 2007
    FXI5 for $250 is a good deal, I like mine but don't have a great setting for them to be real effective.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• fatchowmein
    edited June 2007
    North Park store has one pair of white fxi3 for around $150. They were sitting high up on the shelf so I can't vouch for their condition.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited June 2007
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    Referer, just keep waiting. They'll go under sooner or later!;)

LMAO! I'll keep hovering around Maryland like a Vulture. It's only a matter of time before my pray meets its doom.
    No excuses!