Rotel RX-975 2 channel receiver

Options
NeilGabriel
NeilGabriel Posts: 1,487
edited May 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
SALE PENDING I am still trying to get enough money together to buy a good used HTR as a secondary HT system. My accountant says I spent enough grocery money on audio this month. Since no one bit on my Yampa HTR 5240, I am looking to sell this 2 channel receiver. 100 watts per channel at 8 ohms. I paid $650new from Rotel dealer about 6 years ago. It functions perfectly as far as I know except the convenience switches on back do not work (last time I checked). It has only very minor wear and tear from being 6 years old.

With preouts/main in, I would think it would have offer some options. It has video in and out, but only composite. I have remote and manual is online. No FM antenna (I loop a piece of speaker wire<---class).

I am thinking $275 plus shipping, but I can negotiate within reason. It weighs about 25 pounds...pretty hefty 2 channel. A-gon blue book shows $330 average resale.

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/amplification/receivers/rotel/PRD_118776_1593crx.aspx

http://www.rotel.com/support/pdfs/manuals/rx975.pdf

Will take PMs in order (there is optimism for you). I'll even toss in 5 rarely listened to CDs (which means they are probably awful).

Mike
Post edited by NeilGabriel on

Comments

• NeilGabriel
    edited May 2007
    Options
    I didn't say "her." This is a family network. Just wanted to give this one more pass. Will deal with a friendly Polksperson. Just bought a Denon 3802 and this needs to move to a new happy home.

Mike
  • NeilGabriel
    edited May 2007
    Options
    I gather that 2 channel receivers are not the flavor of the day. Still....it would make a nice gift for your mother-in-law.

PRICE DROP to $225 plus shipping on 25 pounds.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Damn. Someone grab this.
    Great bedroom rig. 100wpc and 4 ohm stable. Go buy a cheap pair of LSI7's
    from a closing Tweeter, add a half way decent CDP, and you're there.
    Where was this 6 months ago?
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited May 2007
    Options
    pm'd
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • NeilGabriel
    edited May 2007
    Options
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    Damn. Someone grab this.
    Great bedroom rig. 100wpc and 4 ohm stable. Go buy a cheap pair of LSI7's
    from a closing Tweeter, add a half way decent CDP, and you're there.
    Where was this 6 months ago?

I actually a have Rotel CDC I use with it. 5 disk tray. GD can pick that up if he wants too but I'm not pushing it.

Six months ago it was in my living room. Now, it's in my newly dedicated music room (I moved the office to the basement!)
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,654
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Man george will drive any where and every to collect LOL
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • george daniel
    edited May 2007
    Options
    I have three daughters and two nephews',,,each will be receiving a vintage 2channel system for Christmas, some with Mon. 5's,some 7's, adcom's, rotel, etc. Fortunately,, I'm about done shopping. :):)
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,654
    edited May 2007
    Options
    can you adopt me Ha HA LOL
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • NeilGabriel
    edited May 2007
    Options
    I told my daughter I would put together a nice system for her when she moves into a house with some other female engineering students this fall and she said, well they might not like the noise...and I won't like it if they want to play it all the time.....women....my apologies to those on the board....
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited May 2007
    Options
    I have three daughters and two nephews',,,each will be receiving a vintage 2channel system for Christmas, some with Mon. 5's,some 7's, adcom's, rotel, etc. Fortunately,, I'm about done shopping. :):)

uncle George you know I like nad eh:D
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • george daniel
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Yeah,, I'm just happy to be in a position to do this for them,,and they are at an age where they can appreciate it and me,,, not have to worry about the gear going anywhere,,, especially with the daughters.