SPR: the ultimate guy's "chick flick"?

Options
burdette
burdette Posts: 1,194
edited September 2002 in Music & Movies
Watched Saving Private Ryan again last night.. first time I've seen it on DVD and first time I've watched/listened to it on our 5.1 setup. Wow.

Question... I know that the German soldier they let go at the radar site is the one that the newbie/writer kills at the end... before last night I'd also always thought that the German soldier that kills the two guys in the upstairs room (the Jewish Ranger and I think the airborne corporal) was this same guy, the one they let go from the radar. Anyone know for sure whether it is or isn't him?

What great battle scenes...

and by "guy's chick flick" I mean... it shows regular guys, doing their jobs, but not afraid to show fear, not afraid to cry, not afraid to be people.. none of the "go on without me" idealized hero stuff from so many other, less realistic, movies.
Post edited by burdette on

Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Anyone know for sure whether it is or isn't him?
    Yes, it is the same guy.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited September 2002
    Options
    The "newbie/writer" did such a great job in SPR - he epitomized the character you "love to hate".

Often times an actor playing a part like that goes unrecognized as a talent in the movie because everyone watching the film is too busy wishing someone would shoot him in the back for treason.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited September 2002
    Options
    The first guy in the search group who gets shot by the snipper, is that Mr. ****?
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Yes, it is Vin Diesel - the same as in Fast & Furious, Pitch Black, an ****.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by burdette
    Watched Saving Private Ryan again last night.. first time I've seen it on DVD and first time I've watched/listened to it on our 5.1 setup. Wow.

Question... I know that the German soldier they let go at the radar site is the one that the newbie/writer kills at the end... before last night I'd also always thought that the German soldier that kills the two guys in the upstairs room (the Jewish Ranger and I think the airborne corporal) was this same guy, the one they let go from the radar. Anyone know for sure whether it is or isn't him?

What great battle scenes...

and by "guy's chick flick" I mean... it shows regular guys, doing their jobs, but not afraid to show fear, not afraid to cry, not afraid to be people.. none of the "go on without me" idealized hero stuff from so many other, less realistic, movies.

no it isnt the same guy..the crewcut is the same so it looks like the same guy