First day as Mr. Mom

Mike682
Mike682 Posts: 2,074
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
My wife went back to work today for the first time after Sarah was born. Our employer (we both work at the same employer) offers flex time so we both took it. I have the mondays off, she has the fridays off. My parents & in-laws offered their babysitter services during the middle of the week. This setup is a great alternatve to day care.

So far so good on my first day as I am doing some odds and ends things around the house as she is sleeping.

Anyone else do the same thing?
Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
Mains: polk R30
Center: polk CSi3
Rear Surrounds: polk R20
Subwoofer: polk PSW404
DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
Post edited by Mike682 on

Comments

• edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited May 2007
    I get every other Friday off, so those are my days as Mr. Mom. Like you I try to get as much stuff done as I can while she is sleeping so that I don't have to spend those hours while she is up doing it. Have fun man and enjoy the extra cash you aren't having to spend on daycare!
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,711
    edited May 2007
    I also have every other Friday off and I keep my 6 month old son on those days. Consider yourself lucky because this type of arrangement was unheard of 20 years ago and is still not that common. I treasure my time with my boy.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • accasbel
    accasbel Posts: 19
    edited May 2007
    It's my full-time job!! And by the way, it's not Mr. Mom, it's Mr. Dad...

I've been doing this for two years now, and with the addition of a newborn just two weeks ago, it's apparent that I'm not returning to corporate America anytime soon.:D

By the way, good luck with your Monday's.
    Live free. Dine well. Drink good beer.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited May 2007
    My respect for you stay at home dads is off the charts!!! WTG!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited May 2007
    I have the twins and my 7 year old wed & thur. nights till 10:00pm and all day sat. I took some time to get used to, thats for sure.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880