Im convinced

VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,571
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
50% of all accidents happen in your own Driveway.

CHRIST, why can't people pay attention.
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007
    Which one of your friends hit your car? I've had that happen before, and it sucks.

I witnessed one of the funniest accidents ever....Mostly because I wasn't involved.I watched my gf at the time's mom back her SUV out of the garage, take the trash can right outside the garage with her, and run it down the side of her husbands new Lexus...Then proceed to freak out AFTER it happened, pulled back forward, and ran the SUV into the garage....It was classic, I really couldn't believe I was watching it...
  • POLKOHOLIC
    POLKOHOLIC Posts: 407
    edited May 2007
    only in tennessee... :P j/k
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited May 2007
    That actually happened in Minnesota.....haha
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited May 2007
    I have been a part of a couple odd accidents. the first one I was walking through a cross walk in the mid 70s I believe it was, and there was a huge buick deuce and a quarter in the crosswalk area and I started to walk around him when he threw it in reverse without looking back, tires squealing, just as some very small car pulled in behind him.

I think it was a mg or a triumph and knocked the crap out of the little car. I felt awful like I had caused this freak accident.:D this poor fellow had a really bad day and boy was he pissed lol.

The second accident occured when I pulled into this gravel parking lot, and went into a jewelry store accross the street. I noticed there were some guys doing something in the parking lot but didnt really pay attention.

I was gone for an half hour or so, walked behind my truck and climbed in and drove out straight ahead. and ran real hard into something and I thought to myself what the hell?

I climbed out of the truck and looked in the front and realized I had ran into a concrete filled metal post they had stuck in the ground a foot or so in front of my truck. that was below the level of the hood so I didnt see it when I got in the truck.

The workers obviously had been installing these damn things and had put this one in during the half hour or so that i was in the shop, because it hadndt been there when I pulled in.:o

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited May 2007
    I know a guy whose wife went to back out of the garage and forgot to open the garage door. She took out her car's rear end, the garage door, and her husband's Lincoln front end that was parked behind her in the driveway.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    My neighbor back into the left rear of my car and the wife hit our mailbox with the left front of the car backing out of the driveway. Have a nice day.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited May 2007
    I remember reading/hearing somewhere that 80-90% of accidents occur within 15 min of home.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited May 2007
    I remember reading/hearing somewhere that 80-90% of accidents occur within 15 min of home.

Stupidest stat in the history of stats. Of course most accidents occur within 15 mins of home - EVERYWHERE you go, you START AT HOME. So 90% of the time you're in your car..... you're within 15 mins of home.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited May 2007
    My mom was famous for knocking the side view mirror off of the car when backing out of the garage. My dad backed the caqr out of the garage once without opening the door. I thought it was pretty funny at the time.
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited May 2007
    No one can beat my neighbor for accidents, and I mean no one. I am not sure if it was true but I heard from a few sources that for a while he had the highest insurance in the state. The family is very well off so the son was driving either a nice Lexus, Mercedes, or BMW with all of the accidents.

Just in their own driveway he did all of these on separate occasions:

Drove through the garage door and into the back of the house

Drove into his father's car parked in the driveway

Drove into his mother's car parked in the garage

Drove into the basketball hoop backwards severly damaging the car...and knocking the hoop down

Drove into a big rock that they have (had) in their yard

Drove into the street light in front of the house, but it didn't budge

He has had many more accidents in nice cars, but those are all the ones I can remember that occurred in their driveway.

Jared
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,571
    edited May 2007
    My sister just can't drive. She's tore up every single car she's drove. She demolished her Honda Civic, her VW Jetta was a mechanical disaster... and then she gets a brand spankin new Nissan Sentra and she backs it right into my truck....

And of course since I don't have collision, mine is not covered. But thats ok, she will pay for it. (The repair of the panel she demolished) Without a doubt.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited May 2007
    Gaara wrote: »
    No one can beat my neighbor for accidents, and I mean no one. I am not sure if it was true but I heard from a few sources that for a while he had the highest insurance in the state. The family is very well off so the son was driving either a nice Lexus, Mercedes, or B&W with all of the accidents.
    Jared

I didn't know B&W made cars? I thought they made speakers :)
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • Gaara
    edited May 2007
    Damn those similar names, I have had a pair of local B&Ws on my mind. Good catch.
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited May 2007
    Gaara wrote: »
    Damn those similar names, I have had a pair of local B&Ws on my mind. Good catch.

Those Matrix 801s?:D
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited May 2007
    JHC!!!! How in the hell do you drive through a garage door? ISN'T IT DARK INSIDE THE GARAGE???? Wouldn't that be a big clue to open the door?

Or does everyone have topless garages???:confused::confused: :eek: :rolleyes:
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited May 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    JHC!!!! How in the hell do you drive through a garage door? ISN'T IT DARK INSIDE THE GARAGE???? Wouldn't that be a big clue to open the door?

Or does everyone have topless garages???:confused::confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

So whats the details?
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited May 2007
    No details from me Michael, I don't have a car. But if I did, I think I would be smart enough to remember to reopen garage door before backing up!:D
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited May 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Stupidest stat in the history of stats. Of course most accidents occur within 15 mins of home - EVERYWHERE you go, you START AT HOME. So 90% of the time you're in your car..... you're within 15 mins of home.

Well, this thread did start with "50% of all accidents...". Just backing Sid up. :)
  • Gaara
    edited May 2007
    My neighbor plowed through the garage while questionably drunk, he says he swore it was open.

Bill,

Yeah the 801s, what do you think those would be worth? The auction is already up to $700 with a little over a day left.