So I hear my 6 month old son crying and go to investigate

JimBRICK
JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
this is what I find him doing on his own

n513492655_53770_542.jpg

six months old and he's standing in his crib by himself!

needless to say I have dropped the mattress down a step
2 CHANNEL
Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
Under construction
Post edited by JimBRICK on

Comments

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited May 2007
    Cute little guy Jim.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • JimBRICK
    edited May 2007
    thanks I tried my best :)
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited May 2007
    What an exciting moment for the handsome little guy and his parents! Congrats!
    Carl

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited May 2007
    He is a cutey,good job the little fella didn't fall out.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited May 2007
    He's going to be an early walker.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,711
    edited May 2007
    My 6 month old boy hasn't done that yet, thank God! He will pull himself up from sitting position, but he hasn't figured out how to go from his back to sitting by himself yet. Probably soon though. I hope you've baby proofed the house, cuz he's going to be into everything!
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited May 2007
    Dang ...... they grow 'em big up there in Canada, don't they ? :)

Looks smart, too.

Congrats on the Little Fella.
    Sal Palooza
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    Wait till you're taking a nap one day and half asleep out of the corner of your eye you see a little diapered heiney waddling past ya !!!!
  • izafar
    izafar Posts: 819
    edited May 2007
    He is cute and looks big for a 6 months old.

Just to be on safe side you should move the mattress all th way down, or down enough that it is barely bellow his shoulder line when he is standing,
    -izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited May 2007
    Hey Jim, he probably got the looks from his Mother. :D:D
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • JimBRICK
    edited May 2007
    Thanks everyone he's the reason I go to work everyday :)

and LOL Mike
    the funny thing is we are like twins. everyone calls him mini me right down to the bald head.
    He just turned 6 months on sunday and he's almost 30 pounds and is in 12 month and bigger clothes. My wife has 5 boxes of clothes he's outgrown already. I beginning to think I better start back at the gym soon cause he's gonna be a bull. We both feel so lucky except for the teething part right now.
    Can't wait to start on number 2 soon :)
    So watch the NHL draft in 2024 cause the 6 foot 5, 250 pound center will be my son Ronan

and just to set everyone at ease I put his matress all the way down tonite, lets see him escape from that :)

one more pic for the road
    n513492655_53767_9793.jpg
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited May 2007
    Hey Jim I have no words for ya. Just a big smile. I have 3 1/2, and 1 1/2 year old girls. It really changes a mans perspective on life :-)
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2007
    The first pic looks like he's ready for Polkfest, the second - post Polkfest.

God bless him.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited May 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    The first pic looks like he's ready for Polkfest, the second - post Polkfest.
    Russ

The Russman does it again ! :)

We went over to the daughter and SIL's house today, and my grandson wasn't there .... he had gone over to see his cousin. :(

I had the Polk Lanyard with me (a Russman kharma) and was going to take a picture of him with it.

Instead, I spent 4 hours sweating copper lines into their downstairs bathroom that they're refurbing. I guess it was a good thing the grandson wasn't there; sweating copper requires lots of salty language to make tight joints.

Again, cute kid, Jim. :)
    Sal Palooza
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited May 2007
    Should he not already have a Greyhounds shirt on?:D
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    Now we know who really runs the house.. Nice health child. Congrats
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • davidk0512
    davidk0512 Posts: 157
    edited May 2007
    Get prepared! My 21 year old son was early on his feet as well. One morning at about 4 am, I awoke to him patting me in the face, he was 10 months old. The master bedroom was upstairs, his room was downstairs and he had somehow climbed out of the crib and found his way upstairs. He never forgot how to climb out of that crib, we had to fence off the stairway and baby proof everything (everything) downstairs.
    David
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited May 2007
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Hey Jim I have no words for ya. Just a big smile. I have 3 1/2, and 1 1/2 year old girls. It really changes a mans perspective on life :-)

Wait till they become teenagers. We have 4 girls and the oldest is 14. Talk about worry.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • cheddar
    cheddar Posts: 2,390
    edited May 2007
    Wait till you're taking a nap one day and half asleep out of the corner of your eye you see a little diapered heiney waddling past ya !!!!

...making a bee line for the equipment rack, lol...

...baby proofing AV equipment...that's the challenge...

I've got barriers around everything. Don't want the little ones pulling down floor standers on top of themselves. ;)
  • JimBRICK
    edited May 2007
    we crawled all over the house to see this at his angle to baby proof. thank god theres a door to the home theater room
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited May 2007
    Uhhh HELLO, He will grow tall enough to REACH the doorknob & will figure out how to turn it to let himself in!!! And from what you said, it will be sooner rather than later!:eek: :D:D:D WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Good luck you will need it!:D
    JimBRICK wrote: »
    we crawled all over the house to see this at his angle to baby proof. thank god theres a door to the home theater room
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited May 2007
    Damn he looks like a strong baby, standing at 6 months.... Whats next moving furniture around at 18 months. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited May 2007
    Handsome lil fella. Good memories in the making for you.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited May 2007
    Cute....and he's a Traffic fan too! One of my all time favs ;)
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones