Thinking of selling the Polk XM tuner from Polkfest

Mazeroth
Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
However, before I do I wanted to make sure it was cool with everyone else that I do so? I've never used it and it's sitting in the box collecting dust and I could really use some money right now. This is the one Matthew Polk signed so I think it would be cool if it stayed with a Polkie. I also don't know what a fair price to ask for it is? Remember, these are refurbs but mine looks almost mint. All the accessories are still in their plastic. I checked on ebay and used ones are going for around $175 on average.

Thanks!
Post edited by Mazeroth on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2007
    I don't know how the xm substription works, but maybe you could find a forum member that has a minty unsigned one and swap before the sale?

Just a thought, but at the end of the day it's your tuna broham and you don't need to justify the sale to anyone. I haven't always felt that way, but that's how I'm going with it now.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited May 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Just a thought, but at the end of the day it's your tuna broham and you don't need to justify the sale to anyone. I haven't always felt that way, but that's how I'm going with it now.

I'm with Russ. However, it would be really great if you could keep it in the family. Provided its not too much of a burden, I think its the right thing to do.

IIRC, I purchased the last signed XM tuner sold on the FM, and it sold in less than five minutes. You should have no problem selling it here.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited May 2007
    I trade mine for one that's signed by Polk Paul & Polk Al for your Matt Polk one. :D

Sorry Polk Paul and Polk Al, but when you get down to it if it wasn't for Matt Polk... what would you be Bose Paul & Al?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited May 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    I trade mine for one that's signed by Polk Paul & Polk Al for your Matt Polk one. :D

Sorry Polk Paul and Polk Al, but when you get down to it if it wasn't for Matt Polk... what would you be Bose Paul & Al?

Ouch.....:eek:
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • del44
    del44 Posts: 686
    edited May 2007
    I think that you or someone else living around Columbus should host a Polkfest.:D You could raffel/give it away then. I'll come. Oops, has there already been one hosted in Columbus?
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited May 2007
    Truth hurts :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    I'm interested. . . been since I heard Antny's.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited May 2007
    Do what you want with it, its yours.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited May 2007
    Thanks for the input, fellas.

I listed the receiver over in the Flea Market in this thread:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53072

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.