Calling 'Sid the Kid' (F150 Qs)

dohcmark8
dohcmark8 Posts: 229
edited May 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey...

Looking at getting a '89 F150 and would like to see what kinda setup you got going in your '91, if anything. Pictures would be nice. Thanks.

Crutchfield says the only Polk speaker that will fit is the db651s (shallow) and the component sets. Is that true? I am looking at putting in a nice coaxial set. Nothing fancy. Do you think I could fit the db675 in there?

Thanks.
Post edited by dohcmark8 on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,528
    edited May 2007
    I don't have a setup in there - sorry.

But have thought about it alot.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dohcmark8
    dohcmark8 Posts: 229
    edited May 2007
  • scottnbnj
    scottnbnj Posts: 709
    edited May 2007
    i don't know anything about ca but i had an 88 f-250 for something like 18 years. if you haven't already, check for if 89's had the problem where paint didn't stick to the primer. for sure the 88's did. if 89's had the problem, make sure the entire truck was stripped to bare metal before it was repainted or factor paint problems down the road into what you're willing to pay.

the only real fix is to strip the primer to bare metal. repainting over the old primer is only a temporary fix. many were just stripped on the top surfaces down to the crease in the side panels. many didn't even get that and just got fresh paint over the bad primer. with these the new paint eventually comes off the bad primer too, verticle surfaces included.

other than that, i think those were some pretty good model years and there are still alot of nice ones on the road around here. if my 06 holds up as well as the 88 i'll be happy.

good luck.

)