Go Spurs!

fatchowmein
fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
Comin' guys. Just one more title! TD's getting old.

Do it for Michael Finley! :D
Post edited by fatchowmein on

Comments

• marcpam
    marcpam Posts: 228
    edited May 2007
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited May 2007
    Spurs got a little help getting to the conference finals, no?
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited May 2007
    Ya, my Suns crapped out last night. Nash and the guys should have gone all the way.
    Spurs SUCK!!!!:cool:
  • fatchowmein
    edited May 2007
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    Spurs got a little help getting to the conference finals, no?

Wasn't asked for. Sometimes the calls go your way but I would have preferred it didn't happen for this great series.

Even if they win it all, regardless of how well they play, Spurs will never get respect which isn't fair. But then, Spurs fans are used to it. ;)
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited May 2007
    The Spurs still won, they just got some help. I think the NBAs rules are in need of some adjusting. And yes, if the Spurs win the title, that incident will tarnish it a little, but at the end of the day, the Spurs beat the Suns 3 times with Amare and Diaz, and whatever other series they win has nothing to do with it.
  • KrazyMofo24
    KrazyMofo24 Posts: 1,199
    edited May 2007
    Mavericks the only team has beat them in the past 3 years. The Mavericks will improve their gaurds, and Dirk will work on his defense, and we'll be ready next year.

But yeah Finley deserves a championship, one of the nicest players in the league, did great things for Dallas, he was willing to come off the bench, and they release him. It's going to be nice seeing him win a championship. Dirk, Kidd(coming back to Dallas hopefully), and Nash are next.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited May 2007
    The Mavs are a great regular season team but in my opinion just won't win it all with their current roster.
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited May 2007
    Mavericks the only team has beat them in the past 3 years. The Mavericks will improve their gaurds, and Dirk will work on his defense, and we'll be ready next year.

But yeah Finley deserves a championship, one of the nicest players in the league, did great things for Dallas, he was willing to come off the bench, and they release him. It's going to be nice seeing him win a championship. Dirk, Kidd(coming back to Dallas hopefully), and Nash are next.

Talk about deserving a championship..Kevin Garnett plays in a cesspool. The Wolves have the worst ownership and GM in the history of sport..It's pretty unbelieveable how bad they screw up picks and trades year in and year out..yet Kevin Mchale gets to keep coming back..

Now I don't feel sorry for a guy who makes $22mil, but Garnett's situation is bleak at best when it comes to winning a championship
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007
    krabby5 wrote: »
    Talk about deserving a championship..Kevin Garnett plays in a cesspool. The Wolves have the worst ownership and GM in the history of sport..It's pretty unbelieveable how bad they screw up picks and trades year in and year out..yet Kevin Mchale gets to keep coming back..

Now I don't feel sorry for a guy who makes $22mil, but Garnett's situation is bleak at best when it comes to winning a championship

This is why I don't follow basketball or almost any other MN pro team anymore...
  • KrazyMofo24
    edited May 2007
    I do agree the Mavericks are a great regular season team, and they did take down the Spurs and make blew a chance to go up 3-0 against the Heat last year. The Mavericks main issue is guard penetration Devin Harris is good defensively, but Jason Terry is too small, and a jump shooter which makes whoever is guarding not work too much on the defensive end. The Mavericks need a good shooting guard like Pierce, Vince Carter. The Mavericks need to start Devin Harris at Point get him to start distributing the offense, we know he can penetrate and score, but does not create plays for others like true point guards do.

KG deserves a championship and he is being forgotten staying in Minnesota I know his fans would dislike if he demands a trade, but he should they had one good year, and that was it. At least Dallas tries every year to put together a team that can win a championship(fast few years anyways).

Also Finley was an all star for several years, with the Mavericks he deserved to be part of the team last year to make the Finals.

Mavs blew it this year, but I rather be the Mavericks then the Suns, they might have gotten further this year, but have yet to beat the Spurs or make it to the Finals. Suns aren't going to be able to keep the same team for next years. Dallas has proven in the past two years they can beat every team in the west, except Golden State, I don't think they have to change this team. Dirk needs to work on his D if he could bring his game up to Kirlenko or Duncan defensively, we won't be beat so bad by guard penetration like we have in the past.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• fatchowmein
    edited May 2007
    I do agree the Mavericks are a great regular season team, and they did take down the Spurs and make blew a chance to go up 3-0 against the Heat last year. The Mavericks main issue is guard penetration Devin Harris is good defensively, but Jason Terry is too small, and a jump shooter which makes whoever is guarding not work too much on the defensive end. The Mavericks need a good shooting guard like Pierce, Vince Carter. The Mavericks need to start Devin Harris at Point get him to start distributing the offense, we know he can penetrate and score, but does not create plays for others like true point guards do.

KG deserves a championship and he is being forgotten staying in Minnesota I know his fans would dislike if he demands a trade, but he should they had one good year, and that was it. At least Dallas tries every year to put together a team that can win a championship(fast few years anyways).

Also Finley was an all star for several years, with the Mavericks he deserved to be part of the team last year to make the Finals.

Mavs blew it this year, but I rather be the Mavericks then the Suns, they might have gotten further this year, but have yet to beat the Spurs or make it to the Finals. Suns aren't going to be able to keep the same team for next years. Dallas has proven in the past two years they can beat every team in the west, except Golden State, I don't think they have to change this team. Dirk needs to work on his D if he could bring his game up to Kirlenko or Duncan defensively, we won't be beat so bad by guard penetration like we have in the past.

Dude, I agree 100%. I live in DFW but came from San Antonio. Before that, there's a long political refugee story but that's for another day. Anyway, glad to hear somebody else rooting for Finley!

Yes, we Spurs fans were worried about the Mavs.
  • fatchowmein
    edited May 2007
  • thatcher
    thatcher Posts: 3
    edited May 2007
    Go SPURS!!!
    TD is the best power forward in the game.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    Dung them or Duncan Go Go Go
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited May 2007
    After the Suns series, I'm hoping they fall on their backsides, but I'm done with pro basketball over that decision anyways.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited May 2007
    any cheese with that whine? :p
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited May 2007
    How 'bout we call the waaaaaaaaahbulance?:p

Or would you like some cheese cries with that whineburger?
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Rivrrat
    edited May 2007
    Actually, I'm not a Suns fan anyway (Sonics fan here :( ), so I didn't lose any sleep over it at all. And saying I'm done with the NBA is like saying I'm done with womens golf. I didn't watch either before Stern stepped on his appendage.

But for the record, I prefer my whine like my women, sans adornments. ;)
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited May 2007
    As a Seattle fan, you're definitely on the outside looking in. Looks like they'll be in either Kansas City or Oklahoma City in a year.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Rivrrat
    edited May 2007
    I was born and raised, and lived up ther for almost 41 yrs. Pro sports has always been a tough sell, if they don't win, they don't get fan support. And with Paul Allen owning the Trailblazers, thier franchise savior isn't going to bail them out. If they leave, Seattle was lucky to get 40 yrs out of them.

As far as the Spurs, I guess I'll have to root for them in the finals. It's a Western Conference thing.
  • liordra
    liordra Posts: 152
    edited May 2007
    The spurs are not getting an easy ride from the referees, far from it.
    Duncan is getting beaten up constantly, because thats the only way to stop that guy. for every single whistle he got in this playoff, he should have gotten three. He is so dominant this year.
    I am not a spurs fan, but you gotta respect a team, whose best player (and I think the best player in the league, and the best PF ever) thinks first and foremost about his team mates. no hotdogging, no trying to make it to some ESPN top play of the week thingy, none of that. nothing but winnig.
  • fatchowmein
    edited May 2007
    liordra wrote: »
    I am not a spurs fan, but you gotta respect a team, whose best player (and I think the best player in the league, and the best PF ever) thinks first and foremost about his team mates. no hotdogging, no trying to make it to some ESPN top play of the week thingy, none of that. nothing but winnig.

Helps when your mentor was David Robinson. "The Perfect Ending." What a way to retire.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited May 2007
    I am not a Spurs fan (Bulls fan BJ{before Jordan}). But I think the rule is a good idea and I think the suspensions were warrented. If Detroit makes it to the finals i will be torn. C-Webb has suffered a long time without winning a championship. Having said that, I do have a lot of love for Finley.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • fatchowmein
    edited June 2007
    Spurs!!!!

Finley gets a ring! :D

Parker gets a ring, MVP, and a babe! :D
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited June 2007
    Yeah it must be hard to be Tony Parker!
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • KrazyMofo24
    edited June 2007
    I'm glad Finley got his ring he got the game ball as well. You can tell Finley really enjoyed it. I liked that Parker said the MVP trophy was for Finley, and that he made a good choice coming to SA.
    Setup:

• fatchowmein
    edited June 2007
    I'm glad Finley got his ring he got the game ball as well. You can tell Finley really enjoyed it. I liked that Parker said the MVP trophy was for Finley, and that he made a good choice coming to SA.

I liked how after the game they all said this one was for Finley and he got all embarrassed. :D

Got a ring, game ball, and Cuban's $50,000,000. Not bad for 12 months!