2 CHANNEL
Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
Under construction
Post edited by JimBRICK on

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,161
    edited May 2007
    Sony and Yamaha were the only manufacturer's of V-FET out stages. Many say they sound sweet, I have my doubts. V-FET's are impossible to get. No one manufacturers them anymore because no one uses them. You can scrounge around and piliage older units, but that's the only source.

I used to have a linky to pretty indepth discussion about V-FET's, but of course I can't locate it. It was a short lived fad at the time that never really took off, which leads me to believe it WASN"T the greatest thing since sliced bread.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,161
    edited May 2007
    I especially like the high quality speaker terminals. Those spring clips are the *bomb*.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    H9
    Now that funny.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,711
    edited May 2007
    If you haven't seen this, here is a link with LOTS of info on the various VFET incarnations.

http://www.thevintageknob.org/VFET/VFET-main.html

Unfortunately, these rare pieces demand a pretty high price usually, and I doubt the sound is really equal to what you can get from quality modern equipment. Like Heiney said, VFET transistors are UNOBTANIUM. I know a few guys over at AK who are sitting on a small stock of them, but they will not let go of them. They are holding them for their own equipment.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...