Replacing 6-speaker stereo

bokdaddy
bokdaddy Posts: 176
edited May 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
Quick question guys. I have 2004 Chrysler Sebring with a six-speaker factory stereo. I've been thinking about replacing it all with aftermarket products but am unsure how the six-speaker setup would factor in when replacing the factory head unit. Is there even a way to do it? I've never seen an aftermarket unit that was built to power six speakers. Thanks for any help.
Home:
Denon AVR-1803
Polk CSi30
Polk RTi70
Polk RTi28
Polk PSW-303

Car:
Kenwood KDC-BT945U
RF Punch P400-4
Polk MM6501
Polk MM651
RF Punch P300-1
Boston Acoustics G312-4
Post edited by bokdaddy on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited May 2007
    I'm not sure where the 6th speaker is, but is it like a tweeter or something? A lot of the time theyre tied in together anyway if its something like that. You might have a factory amp, itd be under the passenger seat, more than likely youll have to bypass it but you might get lucky and not have to, something you'll just have to try and if it doesnt work, youll have to bypass the amp.

Is it a sedan? Coupe? Do you really need the rear speakers at all? Since its all recorded in stereo, theres not really a use for rear speakers. They tend to smear the detail and pull the imaging to the back of the car. If you have passengers a lot, I can understand though, especially in a sedan, just offering another idea.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • bokdaddy
    bokdaddy Posts: 176
    edited May 2007
    It's a sedan and Crutchfield lists it as having 3 1/2"s in the top of the dash. I do prefer to have speakers in the rear. I usually have passengers.
    Home:
    Denon AVR-1803
    Polk CSi30
    Polk RTi70
    Polk RTi28
    Polk PSW-303

Car:
    Kenwood KDC-BT945U
    RF Punch P400-4
    Polk MM6501
    Polk MM651
    RF Punch P300-1