need help from polkies in Tenn

jtgranby
jtgranby Posts: 887
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
My family has decided our summer vacation this year is going to be in Gatlinburg TN. Any recomendation on lodging,eats and general area. We will be staying in Maggie Valley NC before heading into TN. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA
JT
Post edited by jtgranby on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited May 2007
    Just make sure your last will and testament has been written, notarized and mailed to next of kin.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited May 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Just make sure your last will and testament has been written, notarized and mailed to next of kin.

Were talking Tennessee....Not Arkansas or Kentucky. :rolleyes:

Send me a PM telling me what you are looking for and I can make some recommendations. I live very close and am also familar with Maggie Valley, Cherokee etc...
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • jtgranby
    edited May 2007
    shack wrote: »

Send me a PM telling me what you are looking for and I can make some recommendations. I live very close and am also familar with Maggie Valley, Cherokee etc...

Pm Sent
    JT
  • jtgranby
    edited May 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »

I'm not leaving s*it to anyone;)

JT
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited May 2007

HEY! Arkansas is nice safe place, as long as you stay away from Pine Bluff. :D
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited May 2007

Agreed wholeheartedly :D
    Actually, I live in Arkansas, across the river from Memphis :eek:

My wife and I stayed at a cabin here(God's Little Acre) on our honeymoon 5 years ago.

http://www.cobblynob.net/
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited May 2007
    Shack's dead-on about Kentucky. You'd have to bring a Sam's Club bottle of cloroform and a couple of tranquilizer darts to get me outside the confines of Louisville.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited May 2007
    If you're a pipe/cigar lover, Gatlinburg has an excellent tobacco shop, Gatlinburlier.

Past that, enjoy the scenery more than anything else! Being right there on the Parkway, the views are spectacular. I think there's a pretty nice aquarium there as well.

I used to live in the mtns of NC not too far from there; its a beautiful area...
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited May 2007
    okiepolkie wrote: »
    Agreed wholeheartedly :D
    Actually, I live in Arkansas, across the river from Memphis :eek:

My wife and I stayed at a cabin here(God's Little Acre) on our honeymoon 5 years ago.

http://www.cobblynob.net/

With a name like Cobbly Nob, how could you not stay there for your honeymoon?:D

Does look like my kind of place, and you can't go wrong with Memphis, either...
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited May 2007
    jflail2 wrote: »
    I used to live in the mtns of NC not too far from there; its a beautiful area...

We attended a music festival called Merlefest in '06 and '05 that's held in the hills of NC, about a half hour from the Parkway. The hills of NC are just gorgeous, and the people we've met are some of the nicest people anywhere.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • jflail2
    edited May 2007
    strider wrote: »
    We attended a music festival called Merlefest in '06 and '05 that's held in the hills of NC, about a half hour from the Parkway. The hills of NC are just gorgeous, and the people we've met are some of the nicest people anywhere.

Yessir, up in Wilkesboro. If you like good bluegrass, the mtns of NC would be musical heaven for you. I lived in Boone actually, which is only about 20 minutes from Wilkesboro. Great area, and I still miss it actually....just no jobs to be had there.

• jtgranby
    edited May 2007
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Yessir, up in Wilkesboro. If you like good bluegrass, the mtns of NC would be musical heaven for you. I lived in Boone actually, which is only about 20 minutes from Wilkesboro. Great area, and I still miss it actually....just no jobs to be had there.

You could work at Tweetzy Railroad:D I want my son to go to ASU so I can move to NC.

JT
  • jflail2
    edited May 2007
    jtgranby wrote: »
    You could work at Tweetzy Railroad:D I want my son to go to ASU so I can move to NC.

JT

Hahah, OH GOD NO. That's for the undergrads at App that can't find anywhere else to work, although my nephew would probably love that....

I graduated from ASU; great school in a sleepy little town. A lot less trouble to be had there than my 1st 2 years at NC State......which didn't work out so well.

Boone is a little slice of heaven for me. I'll be moving back if I can ever get a job at ASU.

Ok, sorry to hijack, I've been in a bad habit of that today :/

• MattN03
    MattN03 Posts: 558
    edited May 2007
    Shack's dead-on about Kentucky. You'd have to bring a Sam's Club bottle of cloroform and a couple of tranquilizer darts to get me outside the confines of Louisville.

Hey, not all of us kentuckians are crazy! :D