Stereophile columns actually WORTH reading...

dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,577
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
I'm an Art Dudley fan. John Atkinson & Wes Philips are 50/50 but I do enjoy reading some of their thoughts about audio, instead of pointless magna **** laude adjectives strung together for an equipment review.

Perhaps some of the other, resident toilet intellectuals will find them interesting.

Art Dudley - Listening

Various Contributors - As We See It
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited May 2007
    thank ya, thank ya.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited May 2007
    sometimes they really do get carried away with adjectives but overall a mag I enjoy, I have noticed them reviewing a number of pieces we talk about like the Outlaw stereo pre. I did enjoy the front cover article, I think they hit the nail on the head that audio enthusiasts/philes provide the market to improve the mass media, their thoughts on the future of downloads and servers were interesting and give hope. Made sense to me, the more people interested in audio at any level the better.

I remember when my sons put those boom boom boxes and speaks in their cars, as they got older they went for quality over quantity and how loud something would play, now we have some pretty nice audio system in cars, I think the same can definetely happen with downloads and artwork.

RT1