capacitor's for Monitor 7A help needed

Options
danger boy
danger boy Posts: 15,722
edited May 2007 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Ok, I have a friend helping me replace a burned up capacitor in the pair of Monitor 7A's. and I have no idea what to purchase.. the old one has tons of numbers that don't mean anything to me.. and I can't seem to find anything that matches it online.

I've gone to partsexpress, but since I don't know what i'm looking for other then A capacitor, i have no idea what to order.

any help would be great. I know several people in here have replaced the capacitor's and more in their crossovers.

the cap is about and inch long and blue.. with the following numbers that don't mean anything to me.. maybe someone will be familar with what a replacement part number might be.

TSi 7802
pxc34 LP50
34uF
50v

if i read it right.

or is the entire crossover still available from Polk? (i kind of doubt) but you never know.
PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited May 2007
    Options
    I'll have to check to be sure,, but ,I think that it's a 34uF cap, if you buy solen,,be prepared for a cap about 4 times the size of the original,you should be able to find a schem if you look in the troublshooting section. Good luck
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited May 2007
    Options
    7a's have 1 12uF cap and 1 34uF cap, which can be replaced with Solen's 12uF and 33uF. An upgrade worth doing. While your in there replace the resistors with Mills, also from PE.

12uF:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=027-572

33uF:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=027-592

Mills resistors.

4.5ohm for tweeter and 2.5ohm for midbass, but check to be sure:

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&DID=7&WebPage_ID=110
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • danger boy
    edited May 2007
    Options
    thanks.. that helps alot.. :)
  • danger boy
    edited May 2007
    Options
    ok.. i ordered some caps from Partsexpress... and once i was ready to pay for them in the shopping cart it says they are out of stock.. that was like 2 weeks ago.. so i waited till after May 29th when they said they'd have more in.. well today i order the parts I need.. and they are still out of stock.

this is bugging me.. is there any other place on the internet where a person can buy the same. Solen caps as the ones Parts sells?
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited May 2007
    Options
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited May 2007
    Options
    DB,

Try Partsconnexion.com They have Solens. Scroll the tabs on the bottom of the screen until you find the Solen tab. Good luck with the Monitor 7's!
    Carl

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited May 2007
    Options
    DB,, try partsconnexion like Carl suggested, I just recently upgraded my monitor 7's, with solen and mills,also swapped out the binding posts with Vampire BP-Hex, it was well worth the time and money. Have fun.:)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)