Looking at putting a bid on some SDA's

Nisqually Dave
Nisqually Dave Posts: 220
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
I am bidding on a Pair of SDA 1c's that look to be inexcellent condition. What I trying to find out how would they compare to what I have now. I have RT 1000is and RTi 150's and LS 70's are they that much better than these.

I was trying to pick up some SRS 1.2tl's but lost the bid so how close are these to srs.

Should I just wait and continue to try to get the srs's at the price I can afford.

I am looking at offering between 300 and 350 dollars for the SDAs is this to much or to less he wants more.

Any advice you guys can give me would be appreciated.

Dave
Post edited by Nisqually Dave on

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited May 2007
    I would go for them up $350
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    I am bidding on a Pair of SDA 1c's that look to be inexcellent condition. What I trying to find out how would they compare to what I have now. I have RT 1000is and RTi 150's and LS 70's are they that much better than these.

I was trying to pick up some SRS 1.2tl's but lost the bid so how close are these to srs.

Should I just wait and continue to try to get the srs's at the price I can afford.

I am looking at offering between 300 and 350 dollars for the SDAs is this to much or to less he wants more.

Any advice you guys can give me would be appreciated.

Dave

How bout a link with some pics?
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited May 2007
    the SDA 1C's have a pretty loyal following.. there is a reason for that.. they sound really good. OF the non SRS SDA's.. they are near the top for excellent sound quality.

Of course.. they are not SRS's so keep that in mind... but i highly doubt you'd be disappointed in their sound.. and you can always sell them if you don't care for em.

Then of course, you could always buy my SRS's with the signed passive if you wanted a pair of SRS's ;)

If you compare them to what you have now.. it's difficult to do.. quite a bit of difference in all of the speakers you have... have you heard any SDA's?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    danger boy wrote: »
    Then of course, you could always buy my SRS's with the signed passive if you wanted a pair of SRS's ;)

There's your answer Dave!!!
  • Nisqually Dave
    edited May 2007
    Well here is the website, last time I did this they were bought within hours, but thats OK

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/ele/327194844.html
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited May 2007
    They look pretty good. Don't let them slip away if you really want them. Good Luck.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited May 2007
    That price is a steal if you have the coinage. I've never heard them but avguytx and sami have both recently picked up a pair in tx for about the same price.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited May 2007
    That price is a steal if you have the coinage. I've never heard them but avguytx and sami have both recently picked up a pair in tx for about the same price.

For that price, I don't think you can find better sounding speakers. I wouldn't hesitate to give him his asking price if that's what it would take to get them, but paying less is always better if it is an option. But don't let them get away because of price.

Out of the speakers he listed, I have owned 150's and the SDA's are in a totally different league. I briefly heard LS70's at Russman's house and the SDA's are much better than those as well IMO. Haven't heard RT1000i's so I can't comment on those. These made me move my DQ-10's into bedroom rig (where they were orinally planned anyway).
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited May 2007
    $450 is the average price over the last 12 months. They swing between $350 and $700-$800 so don't get in a bidding war. Something else will show up. There is a steady supply of 1C's on the used market.

1C's are held in high regards but I haven't had an opportunity yet to get my ears on them. In a couple of hours I hope to change that. ;)
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited May 2007
    Hmmmmmm. They look sweet!

Just what I've been looking for!

Thanks for listing the thread!

Just kidding....:D
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • Nisqually Dave
    edited May 2007
    I do carry big guns. just kidding
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007
    These have the original packaging as well.....These would be worth the coin if I were closer...Jump on these man!
  • Nisqually Dave
    edited May 2007
    Just talked to the the owner of the SDA's invited him to join the forum. I think he might fit in sense he will fit right in He owns these SDA's and he also has a set of SRS 2.3's. Didn't know about the web page.
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited May 2007
    Did you pick them up? If they are in mint condition, they are worth a lot more.

I have a pair SDA1C's that I bought new, still have the original packing as well. I would never sell them that cheap.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited May 2007
    yeah.. so you still working out a deal for a pair of his SDA"s or what?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Nisqually Dave
    edited May 2007
    I made the deal, its just getting the time to go get them. 4 plus hours each way. He also joined the forum his name on the forum is BanditDave, Wait a minute I just bought Speakers from a guy that calls himself a bandit?
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007
    Wait a minute I just bought Speakers from a guy that calls himself a bandit?

Haha....Oops....:rolleyes: :p