Music memorabilia value help

strider
strider Posts: 2,568
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
Anybody have any suggestions on ascertaining the value of music memorabilia? More specifically, I have a book by Danny Clinch of his photos of the band Phish, and am trying to get an idea of it's value. They shipped the book to those who had tickets to get into their final concert in Coventry, VT, but couldn't get in due to weather related problems. It's signed by the band, never sold in stores. I also have my ticket and all the letters, packaging, etc they came with. Checked E-bay, I couldn't find anything similar in the completed auctions; Google wasn't much help, either. Just trying to finish up the back half of a win-win situation (first half was missing a weekend of camping in the mud listening to Phish). Thanks in advance!
Wristwatch--->Crisco
Post edited by strider on

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited May 2007
    What? 19-hour geetar doodlin' doesn't float your boat? What about the overpowering stench of banana chips, hairy chick pits, expired hummus, and That Which Cannot Be Named?

I'll get back with you on the value:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,161
    edited May 2007
    With something that new and from a recent band who for all intents and purposes are still together and all alive there isn't really a resource that would give an accurate value.

The market determines the value and for the most part what someone is willing to pay. I'd say if you got $50 for it that's doing pretty good. Who knows though when it comes to music and memerobilia items the sky is the limit.

Jewel participated in the Clear Channel Instant Live promotion selling copies of her live shows to attendees after each particular concert. They are somewhat rare and I can't believe the prices they command on e-bay. I'm a big fan but I'm not willing to pay the $200-400 each they usually fetch on e-bay.

List it on e-bay with a high reserve and then just keep relisting while lowering the reserve if you want to get top dollar.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • strider
    edited May 2007
    What? 19-hour geetar doodlin' doesn't float your boat? What about the overpowering stench of banana chips, hairy chick pits, expired hummus, and That Which Cannot Be Named?

I'll get back with you on the value:D

Not to mention nonsensical lyrics, veggie burritos, and a bunch of trust fund kids who embrace the concept of the travelling family (ala the Grateful Dead), as long as you're only talking about the drugs and hustling and not the kindness and looking out for each other. In lieu of the show, did get to camp out at a dry site in the White Mountains, and see the biggest damn black bear I've ever seen, all while listening to the show on XM radio.

And thanks for checking for me. :D
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • strider
    edited May 2007
    heiney9 wrote: »
    The market determines the value and for the most part what someone is willing to pay. I'd say if you got $50 for it that's doing pretty good. Who knows though when it comes to music and memerobilia items the sky is the limit.

List it on e-bay with a high reserve and then just keep relisting while lowering the reserve if you want to get top dollar.

H9

I've held on to it, hoping someday it will be worth something. If I have to hold on to it 'til the Phish-heads are in their fifties, so be it. Hopefully by then they'll still remember their misspent youth (and their money won't reak of patchouli oil).

Still may try the E-bay thing, though.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco