Craptacular Day......

Bill Ayotte
Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
So today has been one of the shittiest days I have had in a long time....I went in for my VA physical this morning (getting out of the Army physical), and found out that I will never be able to run normally....My arches have collapsed severely, and it is causing my knee to ratchet and makes my hip pop when I run....Basically I will have to wear some serious hardware on my left ankle and have arch supports for the rest of my life....The ankle hardware when I am doing something strenuous....So, after I get back from that I got to huff 328ft of speaker cable 3 blocks because the UPS man can't read...My address number is the same as this other house, but it is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STREET...Morons. I get back to the house, and the dog decided to drop a solid (thank god it was solid) in front of the door. At least I didn't step in it. About an hour later, my dad calls...My grandfather passed away...I was kind of expecting this, he took a bad turn in the last couple of days, I really just wasn't having the best time when I got word of this...Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....I wonder what fun tomorrow will bring!:(
Post edited by Bill Ayotte on

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited May 2007
    Sorry about your grandfather, the rest is gravy in comparison.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited May 2007
    Damn, a bad day for sure. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited May 2007
    I found out I drilled through a gas tank 9 months ago today.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007
    exalted512 wrote: »
    I found out I drilled through a gas tank 9 months ago today.
    -Cody

Now that sucks, or actually spills......
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited May 2007
    Friends here in Yellowknife found their 20 year old son at the of a rope in the house on the weekend. That, is bad news.

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited May 2007
    Now that sucks, or actually spills......

It was at the top of the gas tank :D
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited May 2007
    I'm sorry to hear all this Bill! I will keep you grandfather in my thoughts and prayers. We all have days like this and it helps to vent! Hang in there soldier!
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    Sorry to hear about your grandpop. I'm with you with the fallen arches. . . been wearing orthotics in each shoe/sneaker/sandal whatever for years. Actually once they get you fitted for them, you will notice your knees and hips don't hurt anymore, unless of course you go barefoot alot.
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited May 2007
    Sorry to hear about your Grandpa too.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    Sorry to hear that Good luck on tommorow
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited May 2007
    Prayer sent for Grandpa.

As we get older, parts start to wear down and I've had to make some lifestyle changes. Play powerball on Saturday and look on the bright side. When you hang up your boots you don't need your feet to listen to music.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited May 2007
    Sorry to hear about your grandpa. Hope today is a better day.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited May 2007
    Sorry to hear about your grandfather,keep the memories in your heart, it will get better.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited May 2007
    My condolences to you and your family. Tomorrow will be a new day with new possibilities.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.