Wish me luck....

shawn474
shawn474 Posts: 3,047
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
I usually don't ask for things like this, but I'm starting to get really nervous. I had back surgery to remove a herniated disc (laminectomy) in November. To make a long story short, it helped a lot, but I have an unstable vertabrae now that moves and causes severe pain / muscle spasms. I am undergoing back fusion next week to correct this problem. I have a great group of surgeons (they do the FDA trials for this surgery and have done more of these surgeries than anyone in the country) and trust them implicitly. That being said, they have to go through the belly button to perform the surgery, meaning they have to move the inferior vena cava and aorta during the surgery (major structures that supply blood to the body and heart). In fact, I have to donate two pints of blood for the surgery in case I bleed too much.

I work in sports medicine and see major surgeries all of the time. But, I have a 2 and a half year old daughter and my wife and I found out Sunday that she is pregnant again!!!!!!! I AM ECSTATIC!!!!! Which brings a new perspective to these things......I upped my life insurance last year. I don't think at all that anything bad is going to happen; just nervous about it. Thanks for listening.

Shawn
Shawn
AVR: Marantz SR-5011
Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
Front: Polk LsiM703
Rear: LSI fx
Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
DVD Player: Sony PS4
Post edited by shawn474 on

Comments

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited May 2007
    All the best Shawn. My thoughts will be with you my friend. Just think of the family after all is done.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited May 2007
    Wow! Good luck with all that. I think you have every right to nevous. Sounds like you have a great group of doctors and will be in good hands. I'm not a big religious guy but I don't think god would have sent you the new gift if it was your time to check out.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2007
    Best of luck, broham.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited May 2007
    Shawn,

Thanks for sharing. Everything will be just fine. As my wife says, "It's not your time to go yet... you haven't accomplished everything in life you were meant to accomplish yet, so it's not your time."

I can understand the feelings, I have a 2.5 year old and a 1 year old, both girls. Nothing like them on the planet!

Keep a firm upper lip and trust the guys who make millions to do their job!
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited May 2007
    Good luck Shawn! I'm sure your nervous as all of us would be. Try to focus on the future of you, your family and life without pain. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    I'm praying for you Brother!!!
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited May 2007
    You're certainly in my prayers. God will look after and protect.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • izafar
    izafar Posts: 819
    edited May 2007
    Good luck brother. My prayers are with you.
    -izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited May 2007
    Good luck to ya. REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited May 2007
    Best wishes, Shawn.

Looks like you have a great medical team lined up, so let the Big Guy take care of the rest.

The fact that you're nervous shows that you're human :eek: , and that's a good thing.

So, sit back, enjoy the ride, and see what life has in store for you; I'll bet it's something good !

:)
    Sal Palooza
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited May 2007
    Good luck pal and God bless you. Congrats on the new bundle.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited May 2007
    Shawn:

Best of luck to you bud! You came to the right place for well wishes. The Polk Forum has always brought me good fortune in times of asking for that.

It's normal to be nervous. My sinus surgery yesterday pales in comparison to what you have ahead. I was the biggest **** sitting there waiting to go in for my surgery! :D Sitting here now looking back, my surgical team did a great job! You have a great team of Docs taking care of you.

You get better fast. I know us Maryland area Polkies had mentioned something briefly about getting together for some Audio Geek Good Times.

Many prayers for a speedy recovery!

John
    No excuses!
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited May 2007
    Shawn, I understand your worry as I have been in your position before sans family. It sounds like you have planned this out well and will have an excellent team working on you. Since this is your second? surgery just think of it as rotating your tires. Your bellybutton is probably going to hurt less than when they pull the catheter out of your weeny. Think of future family vacations. You are in our thoughts.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    Goog luck Shawn.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited May 2007
    Good luck Shawn,, you'll do fine,,will keep you in my prayers,,wishing you a speedy recovery.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited May 2007
    Good luck Shawn.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited May 2007
    Everything will be fine :)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • G-2
    G-2 Posts: 533
    edited May 2007
    PM sent, good luck!
    Home Theater
    Chane
    A3rx-c's, A2rc-c, A1rx-c's|Miller & Kreisel V-125's|Sony XBR65X810C 65" 4K LED TV|
    Earthquake Cinenova Grande-5|Pioneer Elite - VSX-84TXSi-AVR|TRIPPLITE LCR2400|
    Ultrasonic Amp Stand|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|

2 - Channel
    Polk
    RTA 12c's w/RDO194 TWEETS, clarity ESA caps mills resistors (full mod)|Turntable|
    Anthem MCA 2|Acurus Act 3 Pre Pro|Parasound P/Ph 100|Pioneer Elite N-30|Adcom GDA600|
    Premier Rack|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited May 2007
    Prayers sent and good luck Shawn!
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited May 2007
    Thanks for the well wishes everyone. You guys are great.

shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4