Criags list rip off

Nisqually Dave
Nisqually Dave Posts: 220
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
I saw this on Craigs list and followed up on this, and now I am waiting for a reply. Think I'll get one?

Michelle Davidson <mich.davidson@yahoo.com>

The home threater is still available for sale and in great condition it also includes the warranty which is having 2yrs on it.I'm selling it so cheap becasue I need an urgent payment to take care of an issue I want to assure you of one thing that despite the fact I'm selling it so cheap it is still working perfectly and I have only used it for 2 months. It is at fedex location in Hawaii. Please don't get confused about the home threater at fedex location in Hawaii the reason is due to the fact that I almost lost it to a scammer there so I had to instruct fedex to hold it up for me at their office. If you are interested in buying it I'll not be able to receive cash because I'm kinda busy working on a case in Florida right now. All I will need to proceed is your contact info so I can get it shipped to you. As for the payment Money order or Western union will be ok. But, I would prefer you making the payment
through western union money transfer because that will be much easier and convenient to me. Once I get the home threater shipped to you, I will provide you the shipment label and tracking number for you to confirm it has been shipped. Once you confirm it has been shipped you will send ($300) part of the payment upfront and when the home threater gets to you, you then send me the remaining balance. You can reach me at email me if you are still interested and ok with my terms and conditions.
Thanks

THIS IS MY REPLY

Michelle, this sounds like a great deal, How about since I can fly to
Hawaii, by military hop for free I will fly there to the FEDEX store that is
hoLding this for you and pick it up and have them send you the money at that
time. Just tell me which Fed Ex to go to and give me the package number. I
will have Fed Ex deliver the total 600.00 to you next day.

I am so excited to be able to get this unit, thanks again and I hope this
solves your financial problems.

I am waiting with baited breath fo her answer.
Post edited by Nisqually Dave on

Comments

• AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited May 2007
    I hate all the scams. Every item I've posted on CL for over a couple hundred bucks gets an almost immediate response from one or more scammers. It's pretty much impossible to get suckered by these people, right? I mean, none of them speak English worth a damn, and their scam attempts are ludacris.

Also, they usually use names like Ms. Beatrice Snow to seem like nice old ladies.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • davidk0512
    davidk0512 Posts: 157
    edited May 2007
    Here's another one, below is the question I emailed regarding a craigslist ad for a John Deere 455 tractor listed for $2000.00. The listing was removed within 24 hours from time it was posted.

Where can this tractor be seen?

David

Here's the response to my email

Hello,
    thank you for your email. I still have it for sale. Right now i am gone in my honeymoon in Hawaii but i hope that`s not going to be a problem because i can still handle the transaction. When i left in my honeymoon, i left the item along with several other items in the custody of iSOLD It because i wanted to sell them on eBay when i return, but something came up back home, something wrong with my mom and i decided to sell this one before i get back. So if you are still interested let me know because i can make the transaction immediately. Just let me know and i will explain you how iSOLD It works...
    Thanks
    David