Anyone seen Office Space?

AsSiMiLaTeD
AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
First, if you haven't seen Office Space, do not proceed. Drop what you're doing now and go watch this movie...

For those of you who've seen the actualy movie, here's a couple clips I thought were funny...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dGNs7QMeV7E"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dGNs7QMeV7E&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZlA-OsT25mw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZlA-OsT25mw&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Post edited by AsSiMiLaTeD on

Comments

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited May 2007
    Not only have I seen it about 100 times I live it every day at work. The whole office can re-encat the movie line by line
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited May 2007
    There's people who haven't seen Office Space? :confused:
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited May 2007
    One of the best comidies....ever!
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited May 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    There's people who haven't seen Office Space? :confused:

That's what I was thinking. I thought every single guy in America had been issued a copy of that movie with a little reworking of the US Constitution.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,805
    edited May 2007
    Hey, hey, hey! Don't anybody JUMP...to conclusions now!

The best line of any movie of all time came out of that movie!

Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Samir Na-gheen-an-a-jar. Nagheenanajar.
    Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.
    Samir: You know there's nothing wrong with that name.
    Michael Bolton: There was nothing wrong with it... until I was about 12 years old and that no-talent **** clown became famous and started winning Grammys.
    Samir: Hmm... well why don't you just go by Mike instead of Michael?
    Michael Bolton: No way. Why should I change? He's the one who sucks.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • dylan
    dylan Posts: 453
    edited May 2007
    "I wouldn't say I've been missing work, Bob".
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited May 2007
    My wife was awarded a red swingline stapler for "employee of the month".
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta....
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited May 2007
    Look up Mike Relm's version of 'O Face'
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited May 2007
    My God, the truth drips from this quote:

Peter Gibbons: It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my **** off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime; so where's the motivation? And here's something else, Bob: I have eight different bosses right now.
    Bob Slydell: I beg your pardon?
    Peter Gibbons: Eight bosses.
    Bob Slydell: Eight?
    Peter Gibbons: Eight, Bob. So that means that when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled; that, and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Fireman32
    edited May 2007
    Samir: [trying to decide if he should go along with the virus plot] I have a question.
    Peter Gibbons: Yes?
    Samir: In... in these conjugal visits, you can have sex with women?
    Peter Gibbons: Yep, you sure can.
    Samir: OK, I'll do it.
  • Fireman32
    edited May 2007
    another one of my favs

Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?
    Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man.
    Peter Gibbons: That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?
    Lawrence: Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I were a millionaire I could hook that up, too; 'cause chicks dig dudes with money.
    Peter Gibbons: Well, not all chicks.
    Lawrence: Well, the type of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me do.
    Peter Gibbons: Good point.
    Lawrence: Well, what about you now? what would you do?
    Peter Gibbons: Besides two chicks at the same time?
    Lawrence: Well, yeah.
    Peter Gibbons: Nothing.
    Lawrence: Nothing, huh?
    Peter Gibbons: I would relax... I would sit on my **** all day... I would do nothing.
    Lawrence: Well, you don't need a million dollars to do nothing, man. Take a look at my cousin: he's broke, don't do ****.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited May 2007
    One of the best movies ever.

A perfect example of how GOOD WRITING PRODUCES GREAT MOVIES!!!!!
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited May 2007
    Best...movie...ever...

~J
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited May 2007
    Meh, Mike Judge wrote Idiocracy as well, which was retarded.

A good movie is the sum of all parts... :)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited May 2007
    "Yaaaah... I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask you to come in on.. Saturday..."

My favorite line of the movie I think!!!
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited May 2007
    Semi cult status movie. I love this movie, and the movie Suckers about car salemen. I was in car sales for about 3 months and the stuff in Suckers is spot on :D

Great double feature:

Office Space
    Suckers

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited May 2007
    MrNightly wrote: »
    "Yaaaah... I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask you to come in on.. Saturday..."

My favorite line of the movie I think!!!

Hahaha, one time last year, my boss had us all working weekends for a few weeks while we wrapped up some urgent projects. One day we had a meeting, so we all set up the Office Space DVD on the projector on that scene when our boss walked in. It was hilarious.

Every once in a while nowadays I'll throw in a random "Yeah, well, at least I never f*&ked Lumberg" into a conversation. Always good for a laugh.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited May 2007
    Best Comedy I have ever seen!

"Hey Peter, watch out for your cornhole, man. Ya' big ****. hehehe"

"Big grains of salt"

"This is a F@%k!"

"But, But.....my stapler?"

"OK.......but that's the last straw"

I could go on and on, but I'd be typing in the entire movie. My dad hated it because it was too much like real life for him. Poor dad. [He's an insurance underwriter for the Hartford]
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • G-2
    G-2 Posts: 533
    edited May 2007
    We thought it was a true story, it's not a documentry?
    Home Theater
    Chane
    A3rx-c's, A2rc-c, A1rx-c's|Miller & Kreisel V-125's|Sony XBR65X810C 65" 4K LED TV|
    Earthquake Cinenova Grande-5|Pioneer Elite - VSX-84TXSi-AVR|TRIPPLITE LCR2400|
    Ultrasonic Amp Stand|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|

2 - Channel
    Polk
    RTA 12c's w/RDO194 TWEETS, clarity ESA caps mills resistors (full mod)|Turntable|
    Anthem MCA 2|Acurus Act 3 Pre Pro|Parasound P/Ph 100|Pioneer Elite N-30|Adcom GDA600|
    Premier Rack|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|
  • Beekyman
    Beekyman Posts: 150
    edited May 2007
    Peter Griffin - I did nothing...absolutely nothing...and it was everything I thought it would be!
    2 Channel Rig
    Source 1 - Apple TV
    Source 2 - Parasound D3 Universal Player
    Source 3 - Parasound Tuner T3
    Pre-amp - Parasound HALO P3
    Amplifier - Parasound HALO A21
    Speakers - Martin Logan Vista
    Power Conditioning - Panamax M5100-EX
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited May 2007
    Office Space is required viewing for IT staff and anyone working in a cubicle.

Same goes with Dilbert (cubicle, large enterprise environment).
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited May 2007
    I've never seen it...