College Grad Gift

apc
apc Posts: 779
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
Friend of mine's son just graduated from Pharmacy School. What's a good gift under $100?
Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Friend.
Post edited by apc on

Comments

• AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited May 2007
    a bj.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited May 2007
    Alright, another pharmacist! What about an ipod mini? GC to BB or CC for music /movies.
  • Shizelbs
    edited May 2007
    Oh, or a nice watch. Macy's among other stores have pretty nice fashionable watches right around $100.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited May 2007
    How about $100.00 in a card.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited May 2007
    AndyGwis wrote: »
    a bj.

He just got out of college. I bet he has had plenty.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited May 2007
    MSALLA wrote: »

Yeah man! Go to the bank and ask the teller for a brand new $100 bill. Always nice to see something like that stare at you when you open the card.

John
    No excuses!
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited May 2007

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!! I graduated a little over 6 years ago and that was the best. At this point he probably needs the cash and won't be restricted to use it at one specific place. That or go to your bank and get him an American Express Cash Card(I think you can get them for VISA and MC as well, depends on the bank).
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    gets my vote
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • bradm6406
    bradm6406 Posts: 39
    edited May 2007
    How about a brand new $10 bill in the front and back and 80 brand new $1 bills in the middle of a big stack of cash. He'll feel really rich for a few seconds!

Brad
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited May 2007
    He's going to be a Pharmicist. Boy should be buying you stuff, not the other way around! Pulling down $125K+ right out of school, he'll do allright...

($100 or whatever in a card is my vote)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited May 2007
    AndyGwis wrote: »
    a bj.

.... and a bit of a "howsee-do" to the undercarriage. Still should have enough left for a pack of Chiclets and a Diet Dr Pepper.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • apc
    apc Posts: 779
    edited May 2007
    jdhdiggs - I agree!

We've lived next door for many years and feel like doing more than usual. Problem is, I am hitting a block on ideas.

All others - thanks for your input!
    Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Friend.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007

Sounds like a good idea to me....
  • bradm6406
    bradm6406 Posts: 39
    edited May 2007
    Here's another suggestion.

If he's a computer geek at all, you could get him a 10 year registration of his name in a domain name (i.e. johndoe.com).

At godaddy.com (not necessarily suggesting them, that's just where I looked for pricing) a 10 year registration would run about $85.

If his name is available that is, and if having his own website or e-mail address (i.e. me@johndoe.com) would be something he might like.

Brad
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited May 2007
    Money is the best gift... they will rememeber that for a long time... "So and so gave me a $100 bucks when I graduated!!!" Go with cash... trust us on this one!!!

How you give it though, as mentioned above can make a big difference. I had a huge glass bowl given to us at our wedding and it was stuffed full of $1 bills... there were $50 in there, and it seemed like a TON. I won't forget that for a very long time... :D
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited May 2007
    I remember only one gift from that time period of my life. It was a new $100 bill and some phrase like "We are proud to see you made it" or something like that. Only gift I remember... Of course that was like 25 years ago but a $100 still seems reasonable for some reason.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Shizelbs
    edited May 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    He's going to be a Pharmicist. Pulling down $125K+ right out of school, he'll do allright...

($100 or whatever in a card is my vote)

You're figures might be a little high :)
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited May 2007
    a bj.

Wow, so inappropriate I love it, I burst out laughing when I opened this thread.

On a more serious note, cash is always good.

Jared