Six arrested in Ft. Dix terrorist plot

Disc Jockey
Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
"The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
Post edited by Disc Jockey on

Comments

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited May 2007
    Sick pieces of ****! :mad:

Send them to Gitmo and let the interrogations begin!

I see 35,000 reservists are being called up. Time to unleash hell on those ****!

John
    No excuses!
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited May 2007
    "Six foreign-born Muslims were arrested and accused Tuesday of plotting to attack the Army's Fort Dix and massacre scores of U.S. soldiers — a plot the FBI says was foiled when the men took a video of themselves firing assault weapons to a store to have the footage put onto a DVD.

The defendants, all men in their 20s from the former Yugoslavia and the Middle East, include a pizza deliveryman suspected of using his job to scout out the military base."

Now pizzas are potential Trojan horse's. :(
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    Man, garbage here and over there.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited May 2007
    Just think what else is going on we don't know about.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited May 2007
    I try not too. ^^
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited May 2007
    Google "DRITAN DUKA" (one of the Ft. Dix schmucks).

Looks like Mr. Duka got kicked out of the UK despite his appeals on humanitarian grounds that one of his relatives needed him because his relative was on psyche meds.

Looks like it runs in the family.

http://fl1.findlaw.com/news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/terrorism/usduka50707cmp.pdf

The problem with these people is that they're just a hop, skip, and a jump from the stone age. They could probably be carbon-dated to somewhere in the early Dark Ages.
    Sal Palooza
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited May 2007
    2 things struck me in this story

1) It it about an hour and a half drive from my house...and

2) I saw them interviewing neighbors on TV, One guy said his kid was friends with one of the 6, and that guy has been to his house for BBQ's, swimming in his pool etc. Guy did not look like an idiot and he had no idea what this guy was capable of. Man, you never know.

I feel a little bit for those of Arab descent just living here minding there own business, because stuff like this is just going to make them distrust them even more. I wont be exempt from that.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007
    Well.......I see it this way.....There has been a general feeling of mistrust between Muslim people in the US and the rest of the population for a while now...Not to say this doesn't add to it, but it is just getting deeper.....There was that incident a while back with some Muslim people who decided to pull out the prayer rugs on the plane....They were removed after they were asked to stop because it made the other people on the plane extremely uncomfortable, they were unresponsive to the requests of the stewards....Then they claim their rights are violated and that they are being profiled....No kidding...I am pretty sure that was just an unwise thing to do, and this was known when they decided to do it....Talk about publicity. Things like this are going on everyday around us, and unless you take notice, they will keep happening. Thank god someone noticed what was happening here, that kept a lot of butt-pain at bay for soldiers everywhere....Lockdown is no fun...Just ask they guy who had to sleep in the arms room for 3 days after a field problem because someone wanted to take a weapon home...
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited May 2007
    Don't forget about the 50 or so chlorine tanks that are "MISSING" from a California water treatment plant. Those tanks of chlorine can be used to make bombs. It is sadly only a matter of time before some yahoo hurts a lot of innocent people.
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,805
    edited May 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    2 things struck me in this story

1) It it about an hour and a half drive from my house...and

2) I saw them interviewing neighbors on TV, One guy said his kid was friends with one of the 6, and that guy has been to his house for BBQ's, swimming in his pool etc. Guy did not look like an idiot and he had no idea what this guy was capable of. Man, you never know.

I feel a little bit for those of Arab descent just living here minding there own business, because stuff like this is just going to make them distrust them even more. I wont be exempt from that.

Dude, it's closer to me and our very own Mr. Grand operates out of McGuire AFB if I remember correctly and that is literally, right next door to Ft. Dix. He doesn't live too far from Ft. Dix either. The place were I work was on thier list of "possible targets" along with the Coast Guard building in Philly, Fort Monmouth and a couple of other places. Yeah, 9/11 touched very close to home for many people in the area but this last one is getting just a tad too close.

Oh, BTW, National Roofing was the roofing company that re-roofed my Grandmother's house. One of the guys that did the work was one of these fools that was arrested.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited May 2007
    Jstas wrote: »

Oh, BTW, National Roofing was the roofing company that re-roofed my Grandmother's house. One of the guys that did the work was one of these fools that was arrested.

NICE!!!!!!!!!

that must be a great feeling.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,805
    edited May 2007
    Yeah well, I didn't know they were bad guys at the time and my Grandmother liked them because one of them knew Polish. They did a good job. I just wish I didn't have a feeling that my grandmother's new roof may have inadvertantly funded those morons.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited May 2007
    It sucks, but i think we may start to have small attacks on US soil on a regular basis. Something like England use to deal with from the IRA.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited May 2007
    i got my guns. just hope i'll be in the right place at the right time. vigilance may have to become part of our nature. already should be.

....i know thwarting something like that would be synonymous with a needle in a haystack, but being armed is better than not.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007
    BIZILL wrote: »
    i got my guns. just hope i'll be in the right place at the right time. vigilance may have to become part of our nature. already should be.

....i know thwarting something like that would be synonymous with a needle in a haystack, but being armed is better than not.

I completely agree here...I think a lot of the general population in the states is a bunch of non-observant f$#@s.....The thing that gets me is the complete inability of people my age (21-26) to stand up and step into a situation where their safety could be compromised. There is a complete generation of cowards running around now, and it is only going to get worse....I have noticed that a lot of the comments I get from people my age are along the lines of "I could never do that", "what does it feel like to kill women and children", or "Oh, so you're one of the soldiers over there killing innocent people".........There is almost nothing positive to be found....The sorriest part of all of this is that if this plot went through, that fanatical church that was picketing the funerals of soldiers killed in Iraq would be praising it....How ignorant are people? I do what I do so you can do what you do....Just leave me the F$#k alone and let me do it, I don't care what you think of it, and I really don't want to hear your opinion on it.
  • G-2
    G-2 Posts: 533
    edited May 2007
    Yea, these were a couple of real genius's. We can only hope that they're all as brilliant as these guys.
    Home Theater
    Chane
    A3rx-c's, A2rc-c, A1rx-c's|Miller & Kreisel V-125's|Sony XBR65X810C 65" 4K LED TV|
    Earthquake Cinenova Grande-5|Pioneer Elite - VSX-84TXSi-AVR|TRIPPLITE LCR2400|
    Ultrasonic Amp Stand|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|

2 - Channel
    Polk
    RTA 12c's w/RDO194 TWEETS, clarity ESA caps mills resistors (full mod)|Turntable|
    Anthem MCA 2|Acurus Act 3 Pre Pro|Parasound P/Ph 100|Pioneer Elite N-30|Adcom GDA600|
    Premier Rack|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited May 2007
    On the plane and shipped to wherever. Remember, the door on the aircraft can open at high altitudes. Freefall time.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • G-2
    G-2 Posts: 533
    edited May 2007
    janmike wrote: »
    On the plane and shipped to wherever. Remember, the door on the aircraft can open at high altitudes. Freefall time.

+1000 Definately dirt nap material!
    Home Theater
    Chane
    A3rx-c's, A2rc-c, A1rx-c's|Miller & Kreisel V-125's|Sony XBR65X810C 65" 4K LED TV|
    Earthquake Cinenova Grande-5|Pioneer Elite - VSX-84TXSi-AVR|TRIPPLITE LCR2400|
    Ultrasonic Amp Stand|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|

2 - Channel
    Polk
    RTA 12c's w/RDO194 TWEETS, clarity ESA caps mills resistors (full mod)|Turntable|
    Anthem MCA 2|Acurus Act 3 Pre Pro|Parasound P/Ph 100|Pioneer Elite N-30|Adcom GDA600|
    Premier Rack|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|