Going Tropical in my backyard

Ron-P
Ron-P Posts: 8,516
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
My several year project to go tropical in my backyard is almost done. Here's some pics I took today...

BY10.jpg

BY11.jpg

BY12.jpg

BY13.jpg

My neighbors across the street are doing a room addition so two weeks ago I had the contractors dump most of the dirt into my backyard allowing me to build a big island in the center of my yard and really expand the island near my shed. I recently planted a varity of about 15 plants / palms in those new islands and revamped my sprinkler system.

Last week I mounted two speakers up under my eves, one on each side of the back of the house powered by a surround sound receiver in my tool shed. My goal is too add two more in corners of the backyard up against the fence. Then, surround sound for those nature CD's. I've got a tropical CD playing now....so relaxing.

I plan to add more plants / palms, a few Tiki Polls and some more low-voltage lighting, then, either paint the patio frame dark brown or demo the entire thing. I took off all the 2x2's a month ago to open up the view.

Anyway, just thought I'd share as it's been a long road to get it to what it is today. It's slowly becoming my retreat. :)
If...
Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
Post edited by Ron-P on

Comments