Dr Pepper/Red Bull...

exalted512
exalted512 Posts: 10,735
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
...is a great combination. Tastes great and keeps you up late! That rhymed...I'm a poet and I didnt even know it...

back to studying...
-Cody
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    Cody been up too late LOL
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • exalted512
    edited May 2007
    havent slept since 8am yesterday morning...:( Finals are not fun. This is my last one and its at 7:45, so i still have a solid 2 more hours of studying, after that, its time to take the test, then after that, time to go to bed...

Ive found its better to not sleep at all than to get 5 or less hours of sleep before a test. Sad thing is, I still dont think I'll be ready...This is my hardest class this semester
    -Cody
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited May 2007
    exalted512 wrote: »
    Ive found its better to not sleep at all than to get 5 or less hours of sleep before a test. Sad thing is, I still dont think I'll be ready...This is my hardest class this semester
    -Cody

After cramming for tests for my first few semesters in college (a loooonnnngg time ago), I decided to stop doing it and my grades improved. I relaized no matter how much I crammed, I wasn't gonna learn a semester's worth of material overnight. I was only cramming because it presented a good opportunity to flirt with the girls during late night study sessions. Besides, I was too tired to take the damn tests the next morning, so it wasn't worth it.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, in almost all cases, being well-rested will help you do better than staying up all night studying things you don't understand.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited May 2007
    I think it depends on the material. For stuff like History, Biology, courses where all you have to do is basically remember stuff, then i've found that cramming works best for me.

If it's a class where you have to figure stuff out (calculus, physics, chem, etc) then cramming isn't a good idea because you're not going to learn that much 'theory' in one night.
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited May 2007
    I usually drink Red Bull/Grey Goose (Crunk Juice) or Hynotiq/Hennessey (Incredible Hulk), makes me hype and yes I end up staying up late also. Dont study too hard out there.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • exalted512
    edited May 2007
    Polkmaniac wrote: »
    I think it depends on the material. For stuff like History, Biology, courses where all you have to do is basically remember stuff, then i've found that cramming works best for me.

If it's a class where you have to figure stuff out (calculus, physics, chem, etc) then cramming isn't a good idea because you're not going to learn that much 'theory' in one night.

Agreed. This is the only the second over nighter ive pulled in 3 years at college. i just had so much to do at one time i had to cram for this test, and its mostly a memorization test so it does help. Stuff like Calculus, you cant do that in, but all i needed was an 86 on my final to get an a in my calc course, and im pretty sure i got a mid-A on it, so no worries.

Off to bed...
    -Cody