Need help choosing an amp!!!!

edgarvhulcer
edgarvhulcer Posts: 2
edited July 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hi guys!!

I'm sorry to bother you with this, I bet that for you this would be a really stupid one, but here I go...

Yesterday I bought a pair of db650 speakers and they rock! I'm pleased with the frequency response and sound, but the only thing is that I want to get more power from them without causing damage.

I have a JVC KD-G510 head unit 50 watts x 4 peak (20 watts RMS) and I'm guessing this head unit amp isn't enough to fill my db650 60 watts RMS... Am I right?? I've read that "underpowering" your speakers is worse than overpowering them, so I don't want to turn up the volume too loud until I get the appropiate setup and can get out the best of this beauties. So...

I would like to buy an amplifier just to have enough power for my two db650's, so I really don't want to buy anything fancy or thinking about future upgrades. I would like to spend as little as possible but still want to have a good quality equipment that would perform accordingly and that would last for many years with the proper care and maintenance. Which amplifier should I buy?? I'm really new to all of this, so I don't even know what brands are good, better, best, etc or even what specs should I look for to achieve these things!!! :s (remember, I just want to get out the best of my db650's and buy the best amp for the buck that does that job).

Can you please suggest some amp models for me to buy?
Thanks a lot guys!

Edgar
Post edited by edgarvhulcer on

Comments