Lone Star Audio Fest Gallery

Wardsweb
Wardsweb Posts: 899
For those that couldn't make it and those that want to remember, I've put some pictures up.

Lone Star Audio Fest Gallery
Post edited by Wardsweb on

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited May 2007
    If only I could have heard it..........
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2007
    looks like a great time, I'm bummed that I couldn't make the trip.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited May 2007
    Where are the strippers?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited May 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Where are the strippers?
    they were all hanging out on the balcony is Russ's room :D
  • criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited May 2007
    How was the new Polk sub, give us the scoop Russ.

CRj
  • DAGLJAM6
    DAGLJAM6 Posts: 635
    edited May 2007
    Liked the pix of the seperate driver enclosure speakers (the 3-way stand mounted) What's the scoop on them? Kinda B&W matrix style full range.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,650
    edited May 2007
    For the uninformed (me) plz add captions as to what is in each pic and be nice to the people.

Thanks looked like a good time.
    engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2007
    The new Polk sub is phenomenal. It only was shown to Polkies that showed up - there was no room to setup to demo it, and it took a LOT of tweaking to get the speakers sounding right. The room was CRAZY bad, and very boomy to begin with.

When the LSi9's were first setup, they were overloading the room with bass, if you can believe that. The question kept being asked 'are you running a subwoofer?' on the 9 demos. I think a lot of people were very pleasantly suprised with the Polk demos, and even more suprised to see Polk was there to begin with.

I was also told on more than one occasion, that we had one of the few rooms that had a realistic soundstage - and the speakers seemed to disappear.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,650
    edited May 2007
    One of the best laid out galleries I have seen but I have not a Clue to a what makes and models are in most of the pics.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.