Kansas People ok?

janmike
janmike Posts: 6,146
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
I hope all the folks in the Kansas and sourrounding areas are ok. I guess storms like that are fairly common this time of year. Take care all.
Michael ;)
In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
Post edited by janmike on

Comments

• MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited May 2007
    All good here... What happened? Did I miss something?
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited May 2007
    MrNightly wrote: »
    All good here... What happened? Did I miss something?

Not much...just a mile wide tornado...:eek: :eek: ;)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited May 2007
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18502330/

Wow... I had no idea...
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited May 2007
    Top story here in Yellowknife. :D
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited May 2007
    Whoa!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm not really in tornado alley, and I've only seen a tornado once. That's the one freakin' thing that scares the living **** out of me. Mile wide? I couldn't fathom a tornado that big and the power associated. How could you get out of the path with 5 minutes to go, unless you had a road going straight out of it's path? How fast did it hit and how much warning, if any did they have?

My thoughts are with the people that didn't make it, their families and all that lost everything else in thier life because of this.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited May 2007
    90 miles up the road from me.....a whole town truly wiped clean......less than a dozen lives lost is a testament that we can live with these things.

And on a refreshing note, not a single person interviewed so far has blamed it on a conspiracy, or cried that we have got to do something about global warming. Those living there took cover and responsibility for their own outcome.

My friends in the town are okay and may even relocate their business to a better site, since their options are pretty much wide open.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited May 2007
    Sirens went off and hour ago, and we've got 2 more storms to weather on the way only 30 minutes away.

Glad I'm home..........
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited May 2007
    Did Dorothy IV fly?
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.