Best College Football Players You've Ever Seen

cstpeter
cstpeter Posts: 387
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
I'd like to know who were the best college football players you've ever seen. Not the best pro prospects; just who were the dominant, kick **** college players.

Mine (no order):

--Reggie Bush
--LaVar Arrington
--Orlando Pace
--Ron Dayne

p.s. My list is obviously biased due to my age and Big Ten loyalty. But still the best I've seen.
Von Schweikert VR4-jr
Valve Audio Predator
Denon DVD-2900
PS Audio Digital Link III w/Cullen Level IV Mods
Pro-Ject Xpression w/Blue Point No. 2
Graham Slee Special Edition 2
PS Audio UPC-200
Post edited by cstpeter on

Comments

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited May 2007
    Bo Jackson was my favorite player (college or pro). He was so much fun to watch; just a real shame that his career was cut so short.

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited May 2007
    Barry Sanders.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited May 2007
    The ones I actually saw play in person (all of them several times):

Reggie White
    Peyton Manning
    Archie Manning
    Tony Dorsett
    Hershel Walker
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • AndyGwis
    edited May 2007
    Oh, and Vince Young. I was at the Rose Bowl. He's amazing.

Yes, I'm a UT alum and very partial. Ricky Williams was no slouch either.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 996
    edited May 2007
    Archie Griffen, the only two time winner of the Heisman trophy. I was in my first year at Ohio State when he was a freshman so I saw him there his whole career. I had endzone seats and remember seeing this running back who had such quick lateral movements that the tacklers were missing tackle after tackle. Thought it was a fluke that first game, but it continued for four years.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • Bamadude
    Bamadude Posts: 245
    edited May 2007
    Defense
    John Copeland
    Cornelius Bennett

Offense
    Reggie Bush
    Barry Sanders
    Deon Sanders
    In college they pretty much made everyone look stupid when they touched the ball.
    AVR: Pioneer VSX-84TXSi (RIP - lightening) / Amp: Sunfire Cinema Grand / Klipsh R-10B Sounbar, LC65fx / Sub: Elemental Designs LT/1300 / TV: Panasonic TH-50PH9UK /SIZE]
  • dylan
    dylan Posts: 453
    edited May 2007
    shawn474 wrote: »
    Bo Jackson was my favorite player (college or pro).

I second that. In a slight derail... I got to see him play baseball the year he was MVP of the all-star game, playing for the Royals against the A's in Oakland. I've seen a lot of pro/ college sports live, and his pre-game was the most impressive thing I've ever seen, in any sport. He was popping mammoth home runs in BP, and throwing lasers to home plate from left field. The kind of throws that didn't bounce once, that were basically strikes over and over.

He struck out 3 times that game, but hit 2 home runs the next night...
  • AndyGwis
    edited May 2007
    Bo Jackson did have a cannon for an arm. He was constantly throwing people out with ridiculous throws his first year or two in the bigs before people wised up and stopped running on him.

There shouldl be another thread with "sickest outfielder arms." Vlad Guerrero used to throw incredibly hard from right field with the Expos.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    Bo Jackson
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited May 2007
    I wasn't quite old enough to appreciate it when they were playing in college, but I know I watched a few with Barry Sanders and Thurman Thomas (Go Cowboys).
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited May 2007
    This is college, not how they turned out at the pro level.
    1. Steve Bartalo (all time NCAA carries leader)
    2. Steve Young
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited May 2007
  • irishaz
    irishaz Posts: 161
    edited May 2007
    Offense
    Herschel Walker
    Barry Sanders
    Rocket Ishmail