We're shi**in in tall cotton now...

steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,536
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
Our little desert town will have grand openings for a Best Buy and a Lowes hardware this Friday. I know...BIG DEAL. Hey it took this town 22 years to finally build a mall, which BTW, you can spit across...LOL
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
Post edited by steveinaz on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited May 2007
    Ugh, why would you want a Best Buy or Lowe's in your small town?

I like Lowe's as much as the next guy, and Best Buy serves its purpose, but... kinda defeats the point of a small town for me.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • steveinaz
    edited May 2007
    We needed a specialty electronics store--we have none but a Radio Shack. We could live without another hardware store though.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited May 2007
    two less reasons to trek to tucson.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited May 2007
    yeah but do you have a Wal Mart yet? :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited May 2007
    Now for the new news. Home Depot and CC will most likely now put up a store across the street.
    Didn't have anything here. Then suddenly "BANG" center of the retail universe.
    BB, Walmart, Target, Lowes, HD,three Chili's and a buttload of Starbuck's.
    Flower Mound had a combo gas staion/convenience store/bait shop when I moved here.
    Looks like I'll have to move.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • steveinaz
    edited May 2007
    Yep, we have Walmart, Target, K-Mart.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2007
    That's awesome. I lived in small town Colorado for a while, and you don't realize how much you miss those kinds of stores, until you don't have them.

Best Buy is great for media if nothing else.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Best Buy is great for media if nothing else.

I agree...I went on a boycott of the BB here after a crappy customer service episode, and CC's media selection sucks here....So after I paid out the cornhole for shipping from Amazon...I let the bunghole heal and went in there just to buy movies and the occasional game....There is a nice music shop here that has a hot chick behind the counter, so I don't see the need to buy any cd's elsewhere....;)
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited May 2007
    Not having all the big box stores is what I always liked about Sierra Vista, but I don't have to live there.

With all the growth down there it was inevitable.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited May 2007
    Not a small town if those stores are in your town :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited May 2007
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Our little desert town will have grand openings for a Best Buy and a Lowes hardware this Friday. I know...BIG DEAL. Hey it took this town 22 years to finally build a mall, which BTW, you can spit across...LOL

I don't know about Best Buy,but Lowes is loaded with CASH...They just build a new store in our little town of 9,000.

Believe it or not,they are doing an outlandish business,had one of the best Grand Openings in their history...of ALL new stores...in a town of 9,000??? all employees have received a very nice bonus for there efforts...

Build it,and they will come:D
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited May 2007
    I don't know about Best Buy,but Lowes is loaded with CASH...They just build a new store in our little town of 9,000.

Believe it or not,they are doing an outlandish business,had one of the best Grand Openings in their history...of ALL new stores...in a town of 9,000??? all employees have received a very nice bonus for there efforts...

Build it,and they will come:D

Great company.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited May 2007
    steveinaz wrote: »

We've had a Lowe's for several years, but BB opens tomorrow here as well. Fortunately, I'll be on the way to Dallas for the Lonestar 'fest. :D
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited May 2007
    Now you are on the map!:D
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited May 2007
    You're cookin' with gas now. You might have to move to san manuel. I've never been but I have 2 nieces there.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    I just read in a real estate rag recently that when a Lowes and/or Home Depot show up in your area, you real estate values are on the rise. The thinking behind it is that neither store would build in an area that isn't developing.

I think the magazine may be correct because there is a Home Depot and a Lowes about 12 minutes ride from my home. Lowes just built another store 3 minutes from my home and Home Depot put one about 5 minutes away. . . There is a Sears hardware store within a mile of my home also.