pet names

danger boy
danger boy Posts: 15,722
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
Ok. say you just got a new __________ pet. (fill in blank with fav pet) and you wanted to name it something audiowise.. what do you think you'd call it?

tweeter?

crossover?

???? be creative. ;)
PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited May 2007
    How about 'Woofer' for a dog
    'Tweeter' would be for a bird, of course :D
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • danger boy
    edited May 2007
    not bad. but there must be other's ;)
  • danger boy
    edited May 2007
    how about Pioneer the Pug ? ha ha ha
  • dragon1952
    edited May 2007
    How about 'NAD's' for your male breeder...or you could call him 'Polk'....get it :confused: :rolleyes:
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited May 2007
    If you have a pitt bull or a Rottweiler, you could name it ......

HERTZ

:)
    Sal Palooza
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited May 2007
    I don't know what to name it but I know it takes a big "Bose" every morning in the yard
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2007
    There is an audio guy here locally that named his two daughters Linn and Dyna.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited May 2007
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited May 2007
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited May 2007
    Plasma....

Amp
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited May 2007
    Tuner
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • del44
    del44 Posts: 686
    edited May 2007
    Fetch the stick Bryston. Or, good boy Mcintosh, Mac for short.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited May 2007
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited May 2007
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited May 2007
    If it were a pig I'd call it Onk.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited May 2007
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited May 2007
    Come, Sparky!
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited May 2007
    Well the obvious is Polkie, but you could go with phase.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited May 2007
    14 years ago I bought a German Short haired Pointer for hunting and breeding. I didn't have a name for her yet. Well what do you call a female breeding dog. **** of course. Well that was OK for a while, but Short hairs are known for running off. So I would have to yell out "get over here ****". Some thought it was funny, some didn't. Sit ****, beg ****, lay down ****, roll over ****, come ****. These things would be funny among friends. It get didn't sit well with others. I just started calling her "B". B is a nice name.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • dragon1952
    edited May 2007
    LOL....Funny!:D
    Reminds me of a story my Mom tells about my older brother when he was a baby. She called him 'Stinky' for fun because of his stinky diapers. Just between him and her and maybe a close friend or two. Anyway, one day she was out in town and she got distracted talking to a friend on the sidewalk and my brother started out into the street and my Mom yells at the top of her lungs "STINKYYYYY!" I guess she got quite a few strange looks.
    Needless to say, shortly thereafter she modified the name slightly to 'Skippy'. He's now 60 yrs old and still known as Skip ;)
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited May 2007
  • dane_peterson
    dane_peterson Posts: 1,903
    edited May 2007
    If I had a black lab, I'd name it Onix.

I kinda like the name Selah, actually. Maybe for a snobbier female cat?

But my favorite choice (nothing to do with Home Audio) is "Zeus" for a Great Dane. Someday... :)
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited May 2007
    Zeus is gonna have alot of "Bose" in the backyard!
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    dragon1952 wrote: »
    ...or you could call him 'Polk'....get it :confused: :rolleyes:

. . . or her Polked!!!:D :p
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    Well I like rosewood so how about. . . Stain????

Come . . .
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited May 2007
    I'd name my pet snake, lamp cord.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited May 2007