Can I mix dB series with MMC series speakers?

Droh
Droh Posts: 5
edited July 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hello to all! I'm a newb here as well and I'm planning to install the db675s in the front and MMC690 in the rear of my Camry. Can I get away with this? Or does the dB series have a different "voice" compared to the MMC Momo series speakers? Too bad Polk doesn't make a MMC6750 component set. Is there going to be a db6751 available soon? Also has anybody heard the difference between db675 and db6750 sound quality? Any recommendations? Hope to hear from you all!
Post edited by Droh on

Comments

• dohcmark8
    dohcmark8 Posts: 229
    edited May 2007
    Normally you would install the better speakers in the front.

As for db675 vs db6750... they will both have similar sound quality.. but the db6750 is a component set so its more tweakable as far as tweaker position and such.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2007
    Whats wrong with the MMC6500? If a 6.75 will fit, these 6.5's will fit and sound better. This way you could have Momos all around! ;)
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Droh
    edited May 2007
    I've been reading around the net about the difference of the dB series and the MMC Momos and as far as I can tell there is a difference in sound between the two. A lot of the reviews I read points out the Momos are more detailed in all ways. So having Excellent sound MOmos in the back will kinda cancel out the good speakers in the front as DoHCmark8 said. Your right Macleod, MMC6500 is the way to go! Or should I go for the MMC650s?

This system will be powered by an Alpine head unit...I'm sure this will be enough!
  • dohcmark8
    dohcmark8 Posts: 229
    edited May 2007
    Droh wrote: »
    I've been reading around the net about the difference of the dB series and the MMC Momos and as far as I can tell there is a difference in sound between the two. A lot of the reviews I read points out the Momos are more detailed in all ways. So having Excellent sound MOmos in the back will kinda cancel out the good speakers in the front as DoHCmark8 said. Your right Macleod, MMC6500 is the way to go! Or should I go for the MMC650s?

This system will be powered by an Alpine head unit...I'm sure this will be enough!

I don't know.

The db series will sound better off HU power. Momo needs more to sound good. Why not get a dedicated 4 channel amp?
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2007
    The Momos will work off head unit power fine. The DB's are a little more effecient but the Momo's will still work.

Are you planning on adding an amp? You should. Ya dont know what youre missing.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Droh
    edited May 2007
    Lol! Fish on! I knew that would bug you guys! I understand your concerns( Jeez thanks 4 caring! Nice guys here in Polk Forum) I have a Alpine F550 on the way!:D ..Hopefully that would be enough!...? Also I don't think I'm adding a sub to this setup, cuz I might get stoned by my neighbors!
  • chopstik
    chopstik Posts: 41
    edited July 2007
    Droh wrote: »
    Lol! Fish on! I knew that would bug you guys! I understand your concerns( Jeez thanks 4 caring! Nice guys here in Polk Forum) I have a Alpine F550 on the way!:D ..Hopefully that would be enough!...? Also I don't think I'm adding a sub to this setup, cuz I might get stoned by my neighbors!

i will have a set of thse for sale if you guys want...never used...