Walls are up

hoosier21
hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
After a few beers, some good help, and too many beers, the walls are up on what would have been a neat little audio room, but the boss vetoed the renaming of the storage building. So it will stay a storage building.

It fun building it anyway. Those who know, please don't point out the errors, that I have figured out after it was all up (corners are not framed right) and yes there will be windows some day, but I don't know the size yet, and I had help today, so I got walls framed up, ad will worry about the windows later.

Maybe if you guys and gals give me some good ideas on how to change her mind, I can get my audio suite after all.
Dodd - Battery Preamp
Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
Outlaw ICBM - crossover
Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
Post edited by hoosier21 on

Comments

• jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited April 2007
    hoosier21 wrote: »
    After a few beers, some good help, and too many beers, the walls are up on what would have been a neat little audio room, but the boss vetoed the renaming of the storage building. So it will stay a storage building. ...

Screw It! Add a second story for storage!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,571
    edited April 2007
    How are your corners built? Like a U?

We built ours like a sandwhich |||
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • hoosier21
    edited April 2007
    How are your corners built? Like a U?

We built ours like a sandwhich |||

they will be triples as I did not do the U
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited April 2007
    I like the added touch of the door for security!:rolleyes:

That'll keep 'em out.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2007
    Cool! That floor is just beggin for some tactile transducers! She won't let you have it for an audio room? Did she realize she would live out her older years never seeing you or is it she hasn't figured that out yet?? :)
    madmax

Edit: Hey, I got it. Tell her you have become dis-interested in all that audio stuff and put it out there in storage...
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited April 2007
    Pretty cool! Nice work!

You'll need to beef up the floor for some big SDA's or an 18" Velodyne
    Carl

• hoosier21
    edited April 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Pretty cool! Nice work!

You'll need to beef up the floor for some big SDA's or an 18" Velodyne

8 foot spans using 2 x 10 16"o.c. with 3/4" plywood should do it, Madmax I love the idea, thanks
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2007
    Silly, naive Polkies. That looks like a simple, one room shed, but it is not.

That is merely the atrium to Abernathy's underground labyrinth of leather, lipstick, and loudspeakers. It's kind of like a roach motel, you check in, but you can't check out.

Giants stadium? Pffft.

It wouldn't suprise me if Jimmy Hoffa is down there somewhere.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • hoosier21
    edited April 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Silly, naive Polkies. That looks like a simple, one room shed, but it is not.

That is merely the atrium to Abernathy's underground labyrinth of leather, lipstick, and loudspeakers. It's kind of like a roach motel, you check in, but you can't check out.

Giants stadium? Pffft.

It wouldn't suprise me if Jimmy Hoffa is down there somewhere.

Damn man, you promised not to tell anybody
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited April 2007
    Please tell me there is poured concrete under those blocks.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • hoosier21
    edited April 2007
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Please tell me there is poured concrete under those blocks.

does quick crete count?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

• ben62670
    edited April 2007
    Just as long as you dug deeper than the frost line, and or hit some solid ground. I would hate to see that building settle a lot, and tweak it! I love to build thing myself. You get more satisfaction, and save some dough too.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2007
    He's in Georgia. His frost line is about where the bottom of the door is. ;)
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited April 2007
    The boss said it's a storage shed, right? I'm thinking you can store a couch a couple of chairs a 'fridge a big screen some audio equipment. Perhaps some other furnishings to make it homey and them make sure you check on the stuff inside very regularly and it doesn't hurt to have some friends come over when you are checking out all the stored items. Safety in numbers, right :D

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • ben62670
    edited April 2007
    He's in Georgia. His frost line is about where the bottom of the door is. ;)

Thats good just as long as there isn't any issues of water eroding they dirt around the post;)
    Thanks
    Ben
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    Blue door nice.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • hoosier21
    edited May 2007
    engtaz wrote: »
    Blue door nice.

Primer gray
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

• RuSsMaN
    edited May 2007
    Russ, spin around and take a shot of the house you built - so these guys can relax about whether or not you can build a shed.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2007
    ****, you guys ought to see the crate he built to ship my SDA's in. It's got two bedrooms and a full bath.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited May 2007
    Looks good. Fun working on projects like that. Sure it will be awesome when it's all done.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited May 2007
    hoosier21 wrote: »
    Maybe if you guys and gals give me some good ideas on how to change her mind, I can get my audio suite after all.

...maybe a large, precious stone?? :D
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • hoosier21
    edited May 2007
    Russ, spin around and take a shot of the house you built - so these guys can relax about whether or not you can build a shed.

no problem, here you go
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

• edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited May 2007
    Looks like it could use a photo_v8red.jpg

Shed looks great btw.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.