Got a promotion

Fireman32
Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
Well everyone I wanted to share the good news. About a month ago I was approached by management if I was intrested in running a new quality assurance team that they were putting together. I of course said yes as I work nights right now and am not to happy in my current postion of OpCenter. A little info about my job. I work for Pfizer in the computer help desk department. My new position will be to evaluate all of the analysts that take the calls from the clients that are having computer problems and evaluate them on there call handling ability and troubleshooting skills and how well the document the ticket. I will then sit down with the analyst and go over what needs to be improved. I was really suprised that we have never had this before as we support over 150,000 clients for Pfizer worldwide. They want me to take this team and run with it. Currently it will be only 2 people on the team but will be expanding as time goes on. Management told me that I was hand picked for this position and they all thought that I was the best for the job. I am really excited about this move and it looks like it will happen in one week. My replacement is being trained now for my current job and May 7th I move into my new position. Thanks for listening.

Dave
Post edited by Fireman32 on

Comments

• dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited April 2007
    That's great man. Good luck and best wishes. Don't for get to take names and kick a$$
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2007
    Congrats, man!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,434
    edited April 2007
    Congrats!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited April 2007
    Good for you! It feels good to be recognized for the work you put in.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited April 2007
    Congratulations :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited April 2007
    That's great news!!! Congrats.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited April 2007
    Congrats Dave. I remember you talking about that at our get together. Hey, now you can buy that house you were excited about. It'll give you more room for more gear. Translation - now you'll be spending some money!!!:)
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Fireman32
    edited April 2007
    Thanks everyone! Phil hopefully thats the plan. I'm more excited to be getting off of the night shift. I've been working nights for 8 months now and cant get used to it. That and it's a great opportunity to try something new and really prove myself to the company.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited April 2007
    Congrats
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited April 2007
    Congrats Dave.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited April 2007
    Congratulations Dave.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited April 2007
    From one IT Geek to another...WELL DONE SIR!

I used to do alot of Help Desk support. I still do, but my range of duties is much more broader now.

The company I used to work for from early '04-late '05, we had an office in Guam (14 hours ahead of us). I remember sitting in my truck on the highway in evening rush hour traffic pulling help desk calls to the Guam office on my cell phone trying to talk them through whatever it was.

Wasn't the safest thing to do on my part, but they sure loved the personal attention I gave. They always knew they could call anytime without me giving them the slightest bit of grief!

Thats what customers love!

Rock on!

John
    No excuses!
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited April 2007
    long way from sitting in an Adamo Ambulance next to my fat **** eh?

however, I will always miss the stretcher bobsled :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited April 2007
    p.s. you got over a thousand posts? get a life you freakshow!!!!!!!!!!!!!..LOL
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2007
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2007
    Good Stuff Brother. . . YOU FINALLY POSTED SO THAT MEANS PERMANANCY!!! This is a very challenging position and I know you'll love it. Lot's of ups and downs.

Dude this is also a great opportunity to become a help desk architect for them!!! Buckooo bucks there my friend. I did help desk architecture the last 10 years of my career and it was very very lucrative. After a little while getting good at it you will have companies beating down you door to revamp their help desks!!!

Good luck Dave. You desearve it!
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited April 2007
    Congrats Dave! I'm doing and "end zone" dance for you right now. I wish you many more promotions and good health and fortune in your career.

All my best to you and your family!
    Carl

• Fireman32
    edited April 2007
    Thanks again everyone. Cant wait untill next week when I start. I will keep everyone posted on how it's going.
  • Fireman32
    edited April 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    long way from sitting in an Adamo Ambulance next to my fat **** eh?

however, I will always miss the stretcher bobsled :D

Holy Crap!!!! I forgot about strecher bobsled. Good times!:D