I Can Smell..........

13»

Comments

• Nisqually Dave
    Nisqually Dave Posts: 220
    edited April 2007
    One thought before you get out file for disability, You may have to stay longer, but it pays off in the end. Think of any Injuries that happened that cause you problems at times and file on it. What ever disabilities you get (i.e. percentage) will be non taxable.

They are also in the process of giving concurent pay of disability pay this means you would recieve your retirment pay and also what ever the precent of disability that you with the disability pay being tax free and untouchable by anyone but you.

If you want to no more let me know, I have been down this path, I am 100 % disabled from Injuries from Nam, and because of that my wife was able to go to school and get two Masters degrees and my daughters college is paid for.

The best group to talk to is DAV Disabled American Vets the organization is different in that all they do is have advocates fight for your rights and help veterans.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited April 2007
    You're developing a real bad cough there Mr. Know-It-All.

What part of "I hate flying, always have, always will" don't you understand? Do I like things that go fast and make a lot of noise? Yes. Do I want to be aboard them when they're doing it? No.

I would trade all the 8,500 hours I have in tankers for 1/2 hour in a B-17G. Not because I love flying, but because I think it's the most beautiful aircraft ever built, and a 1/2 hour ride in one would be my tribute to the 8th Air Force guys that crewed them. The most magnificent aircrews that ever were. I expect you're too young to comprehend any of this.

If somebody told me a long time ago, that they'd pay me as much money as I get for flying, to dig ditches, you'd have hired one excellent ditch digger. Don't ever call me Shorty again you fool.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited April 2007
    Steve,

I hope you've heavily been throwing into the TSP. They gave us CSRS guys the opportunity to start contributing around 1987 I guess. We could throw in up to 5%, but with no matching donation by the gov't. Naturally that is because we already operate under the pension system. Then about 3 years ago they upped our max contribution to 10%. I took advantage of the 5 from the initial offering, and then switched to 10 when they offered that. I figure that little ditty alone will be close to six figures when I'm ready to leave.

When they finally retire the "E" model tankers, if I get a chance to fly one out to the boneyard, maybe you, Wes, and I can meet. That's what this whole retirement thing is about. My wing is going from 20 "E" models to 8 "R" models, and we're going to lose one flying squadron. Just don't need that many people anymore.

TSP definitely. The percentage is supposed to be going up again next year.

Your welcome anytime bud, just say the word.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited April 2007
    One thought before you get out file for disability, You may have to stay longer, but it pays off in the end. Think of any Injuries that happened that cause you problems at times and file on it. What ever disabilities you get (i.e. percentage) will be non taxable.

They are also in the process of giving concurent pay of disability pay this means you would recieve your retirment pay and also what ever the precent of disability that you with the disability pay being tax free and untouchable by anyone but you.

If you want to no more let me know, I have been down this path, I am 100 % disabled from Injuries from Nam, and because of that my wife was able to go to school and get two Masters degrees and my daughters college is paid for.

The best group to talk to is DAV Disabled American Vets the organization is different in that all they do is have advocates fight for your rights and help veterans.

You can always file for a disability claim when you get out, I find it alot easier and a lot less hassel. They will back pay you from your EAOS, no matter how long the claim takes.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited April 2007
    I can smell something too. Damn, George.....grow up. Could you not recognize that I was KIDDING!

Nevermind..........this is your thread.

Don't call me a fool again, shorty!
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited April 2007
    I suffered some pretty serious hearing damage in my left ear, ala an M60 machine gun and an ear plug gone awol, but I figure everything the military treated me to (too many countries to name, and some great memories), we're even. I never filed for disability. I've got another ear where that one came from....LOL

God bless, and God speed my friend. Get your audio on, Tiffany would have wanted that way brother, but you already knew that.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited April 2007
    ^^

Steve,

You can still file for disability.
  • George Grand
    edited April 2007
    Hey Treitz, take your young, **** dumb **** back to wherever it came from. It's not enough for you to be a schmuck on the other forum? Where the **** do you come off telling me I love something, when I say I hate it? I've been hanging around with myself for a lot more years than you've been sucking air, and if I say I don't like something, you can bet I don't like it. Do yourself a favor and get to know a little bit about someone before you call them a bullshitter on a forum the've been on for close to 9 years, and you haven't been on for more than 5 or 6 minutes in the big scheme of things.

Drop by, and see if I'm too short for my foot to reach your **** teeth. Asshat.
  • treitz3
    edited April 2007
    Glad to see that you have grown up. Whatever happened to discussion with you?

You dissapoint me, George. I thought you were better than this.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    edited April 2007
    Ok, your last post got to me.
    Hey Treitz, take your young, **** dumb **** back to wherever it came
    Why can't you finish a conversation? [other forum]
    Where the **** do you come off telling me I love something, when I say I hate it?
    I come off on this statement upon reading ALL of your posts off of the Carver forum. You have spoken enough that I felt I knew you. Boy was I wrong.
    Do yourself a favor and get to know a little bit about someone before you call them a bullshitter on a forum the've been on for close to 9 years, and you haven't been on for more than 5 or 6 minutes in the big scheme of things.
    So what? does that mean that you know more because I haven't been on this forum for long? Some of us actually do what you do, regardless of what you think and some of us actually comprehend AND retain the information learned in this hobby. You have been on here a while and that doesn't mean a damn thing to me when a person yaps as if his word is law. That is the way you yap.

I never called you a bullshitter.

As for the last statement………I thought I was talking to a Gentleman. Boy I was wrong.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited April 2007
    Congrats George!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2007
    treitz3,

I'm just going point out this is the second instance where you've taken a swipe at someone who is generally revered around these parts. If becoming persona non grata is your bag, you are well on your way.

Put me squarely in the camp of flying being a totally overrated activity.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Nisqually Dave
    Nisqually Dave Posts: 220
    edited April 2007
    George if you file for disability and recieve it from the military while in the service it is based on a percentage of your base pay. When you leave the service it is based on a scale set by congress this in your case would be much lower. Then after you retire file with the VA and if they give you a higher percentage then switch over. I think also you can get lump sum from the military still and then after you get out file for an increase with the VA they do work hand n hand. I am now retired at 100%.
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited April 2007
    When they finally retire the "E" model tankers, if I get a chance to fly one out to the boneyard, maybe you, Wes, and I can meet. That's what this whole retirement thing is about. My wing is going from 20 "E" models to 8 "R" models, and we're going to lose one flying squadron. Just don't need that many people anymore.

Thanks for the service, George!

I'll be waiting to pick you up at the front gate!

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • tentoze
    tentoze Posts: 133
    edited April 2007
    George- just hang on to that franklin. You might need it for bail money.
  • George Grand
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, well at least I won't lose a stripe for this one Toze.

Treitz, the new object of my affections. A true subscriber and disciple of DSOTM (Diarrhea Spewing Out The Mouth). Chatty Cathy, the social director. Admittedly, I have the most number of posts on the other forum. It took me 3 1/2 years to reach that mark/milestone, and I thought perhaps I was participating too much. THEN, along comes Chatty Cathy, and reaches the same mark in less than 6 months, with compelling posts like "Go for it!" "Sounds like a plan!" It must have been my imagination going wild again when the OWNER OF THAT WEBSITE/FORUM said "You type too much.." in reference to your participation.

Yes, some of us have been reading and retaining since before your entry into this world.

"CoughBullshit!" That sort of (in my world and a great many others) implies that you think I'm "bullshitting". By way of reason and deduction, I oddly feel you are calling me a BULLSHITTER. But (of course), you claim you never called me a bullshitter. What's it gonna be? Stand up like a man, or go back and quickly edit?

I'm here for you.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited April 2007
    Hey now, George Grand reserves all his bullshitting for this forum and this forum only! It's actually so special, it's patent-pending! ;)

Strong ****
    No excuses!
  • treitz3
    edited April 2007
    George, if you are going to post what the owner of the other forum said, you might as well include the whole statement......and I quote....."Congratulations Treitz3 and thank you for all your input, advice, knowledge and support of the forum. All those posts in less than 6 mos.(about 6 per day), you do type too much, or at least faster than I do.".....Unquote.

Look George, my original post on this thread you apparently took the wrong way. I was trying to congratulate you on retiring and I was thanking you for your service to this country. You and I have bull shitted before and I don't know what changed that, but it's really clear to me that you don't like me. That's fine. I don't care. At least we can agree on one thing, that we don't like each other.

I feel no need to edit a damn thing and I'm not going to get in a childish game of pointing out useless posts. Everybody's guilty of that......yes, everybody. I think your latest was wishing that Mark had a heart attack [Happy Birthday, by the way]. Now, care to finish the other conversation about what the differences and definitions are of subsonic -vs- subsonic spectrum in a conversation you eloquently gave up on when I taught you something? Oh, and that was a USEFUL audio related discussion. Where'd you go?

Now, since we both know that we don't like each other, accept it, let's not respond to one another [unless it pertains to audio] and let's move on. I've got better things to do with my time than this.

I'm here for you too.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited April 2007
    I took the 25K and retired damn near 3 yrs early and have never had one regret. Nothing better than retiring in your early 50's. My salary was about the same as yours and I haven't missed it one bit....well maybe a little bit. But not enough to want to change anything for sure:D
    Congratulations!
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones