audio/ video for company exercise room

dylan
dylan Posts: 453
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
I'm looking for advice or any ideas... being in our company's IT department (insert rolly eyes here...), I've been asked to equip our new exercise room with the ability for each treadmill to pickup audio from TV's posted around the room. We have not purchased any TV's or audio equipment. There's multiple digital cable TV inputs available (long story, we're a hub for the local cable TV company as well...)

So, looking for flat-screen's that could maybe broadcast audio to FM, then pickup at the treadmills with FM capable headphones? Are there wireless audio transmitters that I could post headphone jacks at each one, so people can use their own music player/ headphones? Will need to buy about 5 TV's, and equip about 8-10 treadmills with audio ability.

Thanks for any help. :confused:
Post edited by dylan on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2007
    well, i don't know exactly how it works.. but at my gym.. each TV is tuned to a different cable channel.. and on the front it says. "to listen to ESPN2, tune your FM radio/player to 88.9FM) so I can see some kind of box that connects to the audio output from the TV into this transmitter.. and wha la, you get to tune your FM radio headphones to that channel.

this sounds like what you are trying to accomplish, right? Sorry I can't be of more help.

P.S. Let me know when you want to come over and finally take a listen to the SRS's. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited April 2007
    Check out www.ramseyelectronics.com for FM transmitters which will do exactly the job you are looking for. They sell both low-power transmitters (no license required) and high-power models (which require an FCC license) not suited for short-range transmission.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • dylan
    dylan Posts: 453
    edited April 2007
    Perfect, that should do the trick, thanks everyone. I like the idea of having a group of tv's broadcast to a certain FM station (like espn, etc).

DB... definitely still on my list of things to do! :)