PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited April 2007
    that's BULL!
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited April 2007
    ?? You're upset because the stock market is up?
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited April 2007
    ...He is referring to a "bull market"...

And I am happy for today, but who knows what tomorrow brings...
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited April 2007
    I think he means "bull market".

Nyuk nyuk nyuk
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited April 2007
    jinx
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited April 2007
    I actually expected it in the late '90s when it crossed 10K then 11K in less than a month after that (then the bubble burst).
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited April 2007
    SELL high now! Buy low tomorrow.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2007
    Unemployment is also 4.5%

Good times!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited April 2007
    Don't tell the networks, I would hate to turn on the news and hear something good being reported.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited April 2007
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited April 2007
    It's nonsense. It is NOT an indicator of general economic health.
    Used to be. As we saw before, it became all smoke and mirrors.
    A couple of guys could swing it any way they wanted it to go.
    I think it will be very short lived bull market.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2007
    of course it's going to be short lived. next week. i'll be crying in my beer. but such is life.. and why not rejoice in the positive numbers for just a little while?

let us have some good news for once... as short lived as it may be. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • read-alot
    edited April 2007
    sucks2beme wrote: »

Your forum name fits.
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited April 2007
    I just like the fact that my retirement accounts are mirroring (an almost exact multiple of 10) the Dow right now at about a 1.1 Beta so I'm a happy camper. Plus my company of 73 people just reported earnings of $1.05MM for the first quarter. All the good economic news I need.

Peace!
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited April 2007
    cough cough cough......bush tax cuts....cough...cough cough :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    edited April 2007
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited April 2007
    read-alot wrote: »
    Your forum name fits.

bahahaha! pwn3ed!
  • jdhdiggs
    edited April 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    cough cough cough......bush tax cuts....cough...cough cough :D

Yeah, now if he'd only be a little fiscally conservative when it came to budgets the country would really take off. But no, he has to increase the size of the government at a faster rate than even Billy boy... :mad:
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • ohskigod
    edited April 2007
    good point brotha, good point.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited April 2007
    sucks2beme wrote: »

Short lived?????
    You been hideing under a rock lately?We have been in a bull market
    for some time now.
    Not an indicator of anything??
    I'll bet when it crashes,it will indicate alot,won't it?
    UNFLIPPIN' BELIEVABLE !!

A couple of guys could swing it anyway they want??
    Well,can't argue that some big mega corps can have a huge impact on the markets,logic says,why would you want it to come down if you had such power??.....affecting your own stock prices wich your bonus is most likely tied to.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited April 2007
    AndyGwis wrote: »
    that's BULL!

That's why they call me Big Pun. . .
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2007
    This bull market has been going on since the Reagan tax cuts of the 80's!!

The Dow first started growing like a weed in the early 80's, then took a hit around 90 but had so much momemtum that it was springing back by 92 and has been growing steadily ever since! Tax cuts and supply side economics work every!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • jdhdiggs
    edited April 2007
    Yup, the Dow wasn't hit THAT hard in the 99-01 downturn. It was the high tech NASDAQ bubble that was destroyed. I would say the DOW is a very good indicator of the general health of the ecoonomy. late 98- early 2002 was a recession as was late 91 to early 93. Both times the dow moved the direction of the economy.

Nasdaq just uses the best/largest performing stocks in it's rating, DOW tends to be large, more stable companies that have solid financials, PE's, and long history of industrial growth.
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited April 2007
    ya' gotta be loving what companies like Lowes Home Improvement are doing right now. I am. The DOW reflects Lowes' continous upswing.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • read-alot
    edited April 2007
    MacLeod wrote: »
    This bull market has been going on since the Reagan tax cuts of the 80's!!

The Dow first started growing like a weed in the early 80's, then took a hit around 90 but had so much momemtum that it was springing back by 92 and has been growing steadily ever since! Tax cuts and supply side economics work every!

Reaganomics. The liberal media had a hayday blasting those policies.

They still think times were good under Carter:rolleyes:

I know better.
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo

B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2