Infinity RS-1Bs - enormous

Options
dane_peterson
dane_peterson Posts: 1,903
Just saw these on my local Craigslist. I should go ask for a demo.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ele/317738455.html
Post edited by dane_peterson on

Comments

• JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited April 2007
    Options
    thats the most rediculous speakers system I've ever seen.
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited April 2007
    Options
    From everything I've heard they sound remarkable.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Never heard a set but those are supposed to be pretty damn good.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • NeilGabriel
    NeilGabriel Posts: 1,487
    edited April 2007
    Options
    They look like they'd require more maintenance than the wife.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,840
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Oh yeah, that's a speaker system!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Just saw these on my local Craigslist. I should go ask for a demo.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ele/317738455.html

They are pretty good...but..do you have the room and amps for these?
    A tad overpriced,saw one in my area for 1600,of coarse condition always a variable.If you want to spend that kind of dough,go after some newer used speaks.Sooo many at that price point.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • whitetruk
    whitetruk Posts: 308
    edited April 2007
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    They are pretty good...but..do you have the room and amps for these?
    A tad overpriced,saw one in my area for 1600,of coarse condition always a variable.If you want to spend that kind of dough,go after some newer used speaks.Sooo many at that price point.

i have heard these(not this pair) and tonyb could not have said it better
    I thought it was fairly amusing also. The Polk Ogre doesn't always get 'it'
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited April 2007
    Options
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I saw a picture of those when I was aa young lad and always considered them my dream speaker, even though I never heard them. I think there is a bigger one Infinity reference standard V? which is prob just a newer version, they look the same. I think they were like 25 grand a pair new.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited April 2007
    Options
    The IRS-V's were the final incarnation of that line, I think. Six 12 inch woofers on a side, -3db of like 12hz & I believe they went all the way up to 50khz on the top.

'course you need a gigantic room for something like that.
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Dane,

I'd love to have a demo on those!(maybe you can bring those to the PF???) I bet those would sound wonderful in your apt!;) Can we say eviction notice...

Mike
  • dane_peterson
    edited April 2007
    Options
    MikeC78 wrote: »
    Dane,

I'd love to have a demo on those!(maybe you can bring those to the PF???) I bet those would sound wonderful in your apt!;) Can we say eviction notice...

Mike

LoL! I definitely wouldn't be interested in these personally, just fun to see hifi equipment on Craigslist, as it doesn't show up all that often around here.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Bump..........Isn't anyone interested in these. I can't understand why :rolleyes: .
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • dane_peterson
    edited April 2007
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Bump..........Isn't anyone interested in these. I can't understand why :rolleyes: .

Heiney, weren't you just whining about these types of posts, as well as "bumping"? ;)
  • tom t
    tom t Posts: 543
    edited May 2007
    Options
    jimbrick,if you ever heard those infinity rs1b's ,you wouldent think they are ridiculous. beleve be,ive heard them and they will blow you away. they do everything right without breaking a sweat. bass that will shake the house down,and clean. midrange as wide as the pacific ocean,and highs as high as the sky. if you dident know it, the band was playing right in front of you. all this peoformance cost money though, and very good amps to drive it. the top of the line irs v's, $50,000 a pair,forget about it ,there is no comparison out there.
  • tom t
    edited May 2007
    Options
    the irs v's i think they speak for them self's
  • Loud & Clear
    Loud & Clear Posts: 1,538
    edited May 2007
    Options
    tom t wrote: »
    the irs v's i think they speak for them self's
    Man, I'd love to be the guy sitting in that chair. A glass of red wine and some nicely recorded vinyl through those speakers, in that room, would likely be the cat's whiskers. Very, very cool. I get a real kick out of my gear, but that makes me jealous. I want that.

Two Channel Setup:

Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 2-3
    Integrated Amp: Krell S-300i
    DAC: Arcam irDac
    Source: iMac
    Remote Control: iPad Mini

3.2 Home Theater Setup:

Fronts: Klipsch RP-160M
    Center: Klipsch RP-160M
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12NSD (X 2)
    AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2030
    Blu Ray: Sony BDP-S790
    TV Source: DirecTV Genie
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited May 2007
    Options
    I heard a pair of these at an audio show in Germany, mid 1980's. They were breath-taking.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • JimBRICK
    edited May 2007
    Options
    could you imagine watching war of the worlds through that. It would scramble you brains.

I'd love to have a jack and coke and listen to VAVALDI the four seasons
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • JimBRICK
    edited May 2007
    Options
    tom t wrote: »
    jimbrick,if you ever heard those infinity rs1b's ,you wouldent think they are ridiculous. beleve be,ive heard them and they will blow you away. they do everything right without breaking a sweat. bass that will shake the house down,and clean. midrange as wide as the pacific ocean,and highs as high as the sky. if you dident know it, the band was playing right in front of you. all this peoformance cost money though, and very good amps to drive it. the top of the line irs v's, $50,000 a pair,forget about it ,there is no comparison out there.

I was talking about size wise, I bet they are beautiful. Just a tad outta my price range :)
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Man, I'd love to be the guy sitting in that chair. A glass of red wine and some nicely recorded vinyl through those speakers, in that room, would likely be the cat's whiskers. Very, very cool. I get a real kick out of my gear, but that makes me jealous. I want that.

Kind of brings a whole new visual to the old Maxell poster with the dude sitting in a chair being blown away by one little speaker! Ok, I know it wasn't a speaker ad, but nevertheless, cool...
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • tom t
    edited May 2007
    Options
    jimbrick, you sent me a message asking about speakers,was it the ones next to the polks, if so they are infinity rs 2b's.
  • tom t
    edited May 2007
    Options
    a pair of the 1b's just sold on e-bay for $3600 last week. they were $6000 new. i was going for them but after $2600 i let them go . then the sdr-sre's came alon for $1600 so i picked them up