Got some great news this week

dane_peterson
dane_peterson Posts: 1,903
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
Just got a call from a local district manager offering me a Store Manager position at a Starbucks Coffee Shop in Eden Prairie, MN. I've accepted the position, and will be taking the store over in the end of May.
The bump in salary isn't particularly huge, but the title is the important part... should provide a stepping stone for the future regardless where I end up. I'm pretty excited. Started at the bottom only two years ago, and have quickly climbed the ladder. If anyone lives in the area, be sure to stop in and say hey! :D
Post edited by dane_peterson on

Comments

• Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited April 2007
    Which one are you at? I may know a couple of your "underlings" haha.:D

That happens to be where I am from by the way...Chanhassen/Minnetonka area.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited April 2007
    Congrats, Dane! too bad you're not around here, otherwise we'll talk HI-FI everyday! :)

ps: how come Starbucks don't have a reward card program for those habitual chronic addicts who showed up day in day out, and twice on Sunday crowds?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • dane_peterson
    dane_peterson Posts: 1,903
    edited April 2007
    Bill, I'll be at the Eden Prairie Center store... the non-drive thru location. I believe it's off 5? Haven't actually been there yet.

As far as the punchcard program, Starbucks does not feel it would be in the least bit beneficial financially. They rely on customer service and atmosphere to encourage customers to return. I can only imagine the company would lose millions every year giving out a free drink every 10th beverage. ;)
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited April 2007
    Congrats Dean. I wish you the best of luck.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2007
    Congrats Bro, the ladder just got a bit shorter!
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    Bill, I'll be at the Eden Prairie Center store... the non-drive thru location. I believe it's off 5? Haven't actually been there yet.

As far as the punchcard program, Starbucks does not feel it would be in the least bit beneficial financially. They rely on customer service and atmosphere to encourage customers to return. I can only imagine the company would lose millions every year giving out a free drink every 10th beverage. ;)

Ah.....I think I know where that one is. Both of the people I know work at the one with the drive through.....Which is just over the bridge from where you are...It's in the same strip mall as the big grocery store...It used to be Rainbow Foods, I don't remember what the hell it is now...Oh yeah, try out that Aveda Salon across the street from the grocery store, there are a lot of nice ladies that happen to work there....
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited April 2007
    Right on. Now u 2 can rule the world waahaahaahaa
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited April 2007
    I will make a point of stopping by while I am in town...