Need help on Car Stereo, about crossover, tweeters, and mini subs

XxSpar7anxX
XxSpar7anxX Posts: 9
edited April 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
Ok i have a component system, polk audio db6500 and it came with 4 crossovers, 4 6 1/2 inch mini subs and 4 tweeters, i had this for 2 years now, and since my amp is f**ked up i cant use it like i have it now.. through the amp. My wing wasnt sealed right and water got into the amp.. so it messed it up.. so what im going to ask you is... can you somehow make it so the tweeters and mini subs will work without the amp? on the crossover there is input, sub, and tweeter spots, and input is connected directly to the amp now and im thinking that you would put the input somewhere on the connector in the back of the cd player.. but im not sure. ugg.

im just really confused right now.. i took the cd player out and theres wires everywhere, and i just need to make the tweeters and mini subs work without the amp beacause its messed up. can someone please help me? i know someone on this forum knows this stuff. thx
Post edited by XxSpar7anxX on

Comments

• TN_Polk_Lover
    TN_Polk_Lover Posts: 243
    edited April 2007
    XSpar

I would suggest you re-post this in the Car Audio section. You will probably get some good responses there.
    Robert
    You are officially in the high-end of the deep-end of the top-end.

Bonus Room Over Garage:
    Toshiba 27" CRT TV
    Digital Source: Sony DVP-NS3100ES
    DVR: Panasonic DMR-ES15
    Denon 3806 AV Receiver
    - L/R Preamp out to Parasound HCA-1200 Amp
    Polk RTi70's, CSi40 Center, RTi38 Side Surrounds, RTi38 Back Surrounds

Living Room: (2ch only)
    TV: Sony KV20-FV12
    DVD Player: Sony DVP-NS715P
    Yamaha R9 Receiver Polk RTi38's
  • tedo007
    tedo007 Posts: 1
    edited April 2007
    its easy jus look at the wiring diagram of your cd player and run the wires. easy
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited April 2007
    Check it out man...It is going to be a lot of **** pain to get it done RIGHT...The easiest way to do it is to just get another amp. It really depends on how the installer did your car up man....What kind of car do you have? Some vehicles have a factory amp that gets bypassed, kind of leaving you assed out....It would cost more $$ and take a lot more time to UN-bypass it (the latter being if YOU did it) Some harnesses ( like the one I used in my VW) bypass the amp in the harness itself......It is hard to give advice without knowing what kind of car it is...Like I said though, the easiest thing to do is replace the damn amp...