Imaging

2»

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2002
    agree with the H-Bomb.....I think the 800's image very well as do all the Polks I've heard.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited September 2002
    What music are do you listen to. Most stuff recorded in studios won't do up/down and front/back imaging. A good test would be live acoustic jazz or a quality classical recording.

Mantis: Nice rig. Man I've gotta do installs!
    Make it Funky! :)
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    edited September 2002
    What a great thread!
    I have a, approx., 12 x 20 living room which my set-up is in. With french doors at one end and three windows at the other, long ways, I don't have the "choice" of set-up besides going across the 12' line. I tried tilting the speakers in to where I usually sit on the couch while watching movies and listening to music but noticed that the sound was more centered and the instruments didn't tend to go anywhere else besides inside the plane of the speakers. I used to always place speakers tilted in so figured this was kind of funny. After placing them back to where they were, pointing straight out, the openness came back, the bass was a tad better and I heard things outside the speaker plane again. Boy was I suprised! Years of thought had changed! For the older Polks I have, RTA-8t's, I was really impressed!
    Someday I'm going to have to check into better cables, probably when I retire! :lol:
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited September 2002
    My 8t's are the BOMB! I'll never give them up....
    ***WAREMTAE***