SDA placement

Options
danger boy
danger boy Posts: 15,722
edited April 2007 in Vintage Speakers
Ok. anyone who owns any version of SDA's knows that correct placement is crucial...

I had mine to close to the back wall for added bass response. but, it totally killed the soundstage. Today I moved them about two feet from the back wall. and the sound stage is much wider now. They are nearly in the middle of the room, but they sound damn good again. :p
PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Mine are 13" out from the back wall. The reason they are out that far is because I needed to get the front where the drivers lie two inches ahead of the rack between the two speakers.

I have plenty of deep, growling bass slam and my soundstage projects out five feet beyond each speaker. The image between the speakers is superb and pinpoint on most analog material. The digital soundstage and image are a whole other story (beast).

EDIT: I have my speakers 6' 2" apart and my sweet spot starts 6' 2" from the center of the speakers (recommend in the manual) but I sit back about another foot. I notice that in the recommened sweet spot, the music to more "in-my-face" and doesn't have the openess and depth of image. That I know is because of my room and its contents and not the speaker design.