magnetic shielding?

Options
WolfKiyoshi
WolfKiyoshi Posts: 96
edited April 2007 in Vintage Speakers
i have a pair of SDA 1 speakers which are soon to go in my bedroom i was just wondering are they shielded? my dad cant remember and i've screwed up tvs before not knowing lol if not would there be an easy way to shield them?
Post edited by WolfKiyoshi on

Comments

• NeilGabriel
    NeilGabriel Posts: 1,487
    edited April 2007
    Options
    You will get better answers than this, but I am pretty sure the answer is no but that you can attach some magnets that counteract the field of the speaker magnets...or so someone wrote me in a post.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Find a dvd or tv channel with a white background and hit pause then move your speakers until the picture is free of distortion. There are some good links in this thread. "bucking magnets" are just smaller magnets around 1/2 the size of your speaker's magnet that you glue on backwards. You can order these from Polk Audio and other suppliers. Alone they do a pretty good job and I can bring speakers within 12" of my CRT tv with zero distortion. I'm going to try some of the Home Depot air duct junction boxes mentioned in that thread and see if they can come closer.
  • WolfKiyoshi
    WolfKiyoshi Posts: 96
    edited April 2007
    Options
    my tv is a 32 inch and the room is roughly 11 1/2 feet wide my speakers are SDA 1's do you think i'll be okay with the speakers close to the wall? i don't have the speakers in my room yet sadly but after hearing a live Styx album through them those things are going in there in the next couple days :)