6x9" Dual VC subwoofer?

burdette
burdette Posts: 1,194
edited April 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
I'm changing out the speakers in a 1993 Honda Accord EX wagon. This car has a single 6x9" dual VC sub driver in the driver's side rear wheel well. I've been driving ths car for a few years... and I didn't even know it was there (we bought this used so I didn't get any salesman's pitch). I knew about the 6.5" pair in the front doors, and the 4" pair in the rear rooftop, but in all that time I'd never had reason to look behind a particular clothed panel. Until now, when I'm replacing the other speakers, and just happen to be poking around. Anyway... that is what I found, and the old foam surround is just as deteriorated as the rest of the factory drivers.

I can't seem to find a replacement driver after a few quick searches.

Any suggestions? I'm not looking to spend a lot of money... I thought I was being nice to the car (and my ears) just swapping out the two pair of factory speakers I knew about. I really don't want to buy a pair of 6x9s and just use one of them, even if I cut off any mid/tweet it might have - waste of half my(unexpected additional) budget on an unused speaker. So.. just looking for some input from guys who spend more time thinking about car audio than I do these days.

Thanks.
Post edited by burdette on

Comments