Wear Orange/Maroon Tomorrow

audiobliss
audiobliss Posts: 12,518
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
I got one of those chain emails today, but advocating everyone wear orange or maroon tomorrow (Friday) in honor/support of the faculty, students, and friends and family of students of Virginia Tech.

I don't know how wide-spread this is, but I just put my orange shirt in the wash so I can wear it. It'd be awesome to get to school tomorrow and see a sea of orange/maroon.

I also forwarded the email to just about everybody in my contacts, so you might have received it.

Here it is:
Virginia Tech family members across the country have united to declare this Friday, April 20th, an "Orange and Maroon Effect" day to honor those killed in the tragic events on campus Monday, and to show support for Virginia Tech students, faculty, administrators, staff, alumni, and friends. "Orange and Maroon Effect" was born several years ago as an invitation to Tech fans to wear orange and maroon to Virginia Tech athletic events. We invite everyone from all over the country to be a part of the Virginia Tech family this Friday, to wear orange and maroon to support the families of those who were lost, and to support the school and community we all love so much.

Please spread the word.
Jstas wrote: »
Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
In Use
PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
Epson 8700UB

In Storage
[Home Audio]
Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
Post edited by audiobliss on

Comments

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited April 2007
    A tragic event, that bring tears to my eyes and a shadow across my heart.

I will wear red, white and blue tomorrow, and fly the American flag at half staff. To honor all men in women who have died serving our country, 500,000 in WWII, 50,000 in /Vietnam, 3,000 in Iraq 32 in Virginia and 4 dead in Ohio, all of them loyal American. God rest their sould and bring comfort to their loved ones. Amen and God Bless America! And have mercy on the poor tortured soul who did this.:(
    Carl

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited April 2007
    We got the e-mail from our boss that we can wear there colors tomorrow at work
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited April 2007
    It's friday! So its casual day anyway.......Our "business casual" is jeans and a tshirt so that means on friday i can wear whatever I want. Maroon/Orange it is!
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited April 2007
    Good call. As you can see in my info, I'm about an hour away from Blacksburg in Cville, and more than a few of my co-workers graduated from VT......Needless to say, it hit a little closer to home since it was "personal" for a few of my friends here.

And you KNOW its an all encompassing issue when you see this:

463042652_950274bda9.jpg?v=0

For those that don't know, UVA and Va Tech are hated in-state rivals. Needless to say, this trumped any petty college rivalry.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"