Got my Wiiiiiiiiiiieeeeee!

Options
scottvamp
scottvamp Posts: 3,277
edited June 2007 in Video Games
First Guitar Hero and now the New Wii BOWLING. WOW! Wii sports on the ten foot projector is a blast. I have rug burn. LOL Very impressed with the system. Now i understand why they are selling a million units a month. And now they have solved on screen shooting without a light gun. Blasting zombies wireless on the projection screen. How freaking fun is that......:cool:
Post edited by scottvamp on

Comments

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I am jealous...how's the stock at B&M?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited April 2007
    Options
    polkatese wrote: »
    I am jealous...how's the stock at B&M?

+1 jealous

:D
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited April 2007
    Options
    The Wii is turning into a great pre-party item as well. Have some friends (male and female) over for some drinks and Wii until heading out for the evening. Just make sure that people wear the wrist strap. My friend will tell you it's not cool to have it fly off and break through a 3K plasma TV.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • scottvamp
    edited April 2007
    Options
    how's the stock at B&M?
    :confused:
    Ya, your friends bring over their own remotes and have their own personalized character. Each person has his own skill level. I am drinking/talking with friends or taking a "leak". The freaking remote that is attached to your wrist has a speaker that chimes to let you know its your turn to bowl................ SWEET.
    If i could only attach pics:mad:
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited April 2007
    Options
    the wii is only 480P how does it look on the projector?
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • polkatese
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Scott, I was curious if one can buy easily at the store or is it still order one get it next month story?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Wii boxing is very fun, I thought about buying it just for the workout.
  • scottvamp
    edited April 2007
    Options
    the wii is only 480P how does it look on the projector?

I had it hooked up composite (factory cables). So today a picked up the GameStop component cables. $50 smackers - turquoise snake skin - no less:eek:
    Now in 480p its a bit sharper but not a huge difference. Its more about the fun. That's where Nintendo nailed it. I have my PS3 on my LCD and that rocks. The Wii and PS2 are sticking with the projector for now. I am having to get VERY creative with component cables. Thats all i can run until i upgrade.
    As a side note originally i had the Wii on the 32" LCD flat panel and even in composite, it looked really good. Very sharp and color detail was excellent.
  • scottvamp
    edited April 2007
    Options
    PolkThug wrote: »
    Wii boxing is very fun, I thought about buying it just for the workout.
    Ohhhh, it's a workout. I have been SORE the entire week.:eek:
    4 people playing tennis at one time is a trip. Now i want some volleyball.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Congrats and Sponge Bob will make you arm soar.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I want one! I never played my XBOX but the Wi actually looks like fun to play.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited April 2007
    Options
  • polkatese
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I was strolling into the local Target and guess what? they just got shipment of about a dozen Wii. Needless to say, I bought one and had a blast with the kids on Tennis and Bowling. Wii is definitely not trying to compete with PS3 or XBOX360. Graphics/PQ isn't designed to outshine the them, but boy, it's an exercise game. I am glad that the kids get to exercise while playing.

The thought of buying two and ebaying one crossed my mind, but quickly dissipated.
  • scottvamp
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Still having a blast with mine. They are in stores on a weekly basis now. I ended up with two awhile back and easily made a profit on Ebay. They are under $300 now. I have 4 remotes and the charger unit. Waiting for RE4 in two weeks. One of the best games i have ever payed. Point and shoot on the ten foot screen will be FUN. Loving the Wii sports, it just doesn't get old.:D
  • Pablo
    Pablo Posts: 723
    edited June 2007
    Options
    The bowling is great. It's just like real bowling! You get up, swing your arm, sit down and drink a beer until it's your turn again. And you score about the same as real life.
    Denon AVR-3803
    RTi-70 Fronts
    FXi-30 Surrounds
    RTi-38 Back Surrounds
    Csi-40 Center
    PSW350 Sub
    Panasonic PT-56WXF95 HDTVSamsung un60JS8000 SUHD
    Denon DVD-2910
    Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, PS3, PS4, xbox360, Wii, WiiU, n64
  • scottvamp
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Pablo wrote: »
    The bowling is great. It's just like real bowling! You get up, swing your arm, sit down and drink a beer until it's your turn again. And you score about the same as real life.
    Yep, and your remotes chimes when its your turn. I also turn the
    volume down a little and play iTunes Radio in the background. It's a blasty blast.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I got to play it at a friends house. We all shoved the kids aside and had a blast. The boxing and tennis were definitly a cool workout. I will have to save up for one.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I love mine, and it will be in full effect once again, as I am getting my replacement DLP tomorrow morning!:D :D
  • polkatese
    edited June 2007
    Options
    did you accidently slam your DLP with your wiimote, Bill? :)
  • now in stereo
    now in stereo Posts: 3
    edited June 2007
    Options
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    Options
    did you accidently slam your DLP with your wiimote, Bill? :)

Nope, Light engine crapped....Damn Samsung.:(
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited June 2007
    Options
    What does the Wii console and games typically cost?
  • polkatese
    edited June 2007
    Options
    console is $249+tax, including Wii Sport. Games are in the $40..
  • icky4
    icky4 Posts: 27
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Has anyone played the new Mario Party? I feel like such a kid, but I LOVE those games! Fun for all ages!
  • scottvamp
    edited June 2007
    Options
    icky4 wrote: »
    Has anyone played the new Mario Party? I feel like such a kid, but I LOVE those games! Fun for all ages!

WOW man, 24 post on your first half day. Mario Party got really bad reviews. I was semi excited to found out how much it sucked. Resident Evil 4 next week is gonna rock.
  • icky4
    icky4 Posts: 27
    edited June 2007
    Options
    scottvamp wrote: »
    WOW man, 24 post on your first half day. Mario Party got really bad reviews. I was semi excited to found out how much it sucked. Resident Evil 4 next week is gonna rock.

I go overboard on forums sometimes! LOL! I found the movie section and I've been watching a lot of movies lately. Sucks to heat that this Mario Party didnt do so hot. All the Game Cube ones were awesome.
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Just scored my second Wii for my father. Last week he came by the house and played ours with his grandkids and immediately handed me his credit card as said if/when you find one, buy it. Walked into BB today to pick up movies and low and behold, a stack of at least 20 or more where on the floor.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited June 2007
    Options
    When do these usually hit the stores? Tuesdays? How hard has it been to score one? I think my wife just gave me the proverbial green light...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited June 2007
    Options
    My first one took 2-1/2 months to get my hands on one and finally just stumbled upon one at EB Games. I think today was just sheer luck of the draw. BB has been getting shipments on Sundays around here (Virginia), usually don't know until Sundays paper comes out so not quit sure why they were in stock today but they were.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Cool...
    maybe I'll hit one up on my way home from work.
    What about Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, etc? Have they usually been bone-dry?
    Funny you should mention EB... when the PS2 first game out and people were scrambling, I would hear from guys who worked either there or Gamestop. They said some of the consoles would sit for days. They figured that most people thought them too obvious a destination and skipped them all together -- making a B-line for either Circuit City or Best Buy.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore