FS: Audcom 110 Tube pre

Options
dkg999
dkg999 Posts: 5,647
edited April 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
For your consideration is an Audcom 110 tube pre-amp. This is in excellent condition, some light scuffing on the top, I really can't find any other marks or scratches. I bought this from Russman a year or so ago, and it was my first intro to tube pre-amps, and a good one at that! I have stolen the description from Russman's post:

Audcom AP-110 Tube Preamplifier w/ remote
2 x 6N3 / 396a / 5670 4 in, 2 out. Sonicap mod. 2005 MSRP $400 + Mod. Western Electric NOS 396a's installed, will ship with a pair of high test RCA 5670 also.

This has the RCA Command 5670's in it, I have the Western Electric tubes for it also, and probably at least one other set of tubes I'll ship with it. The RCA tubes have a little less tight bass, but better mid/high's, at least when using my Magnepan's. The WE 396's have tighter bass, but I thought the highs were a little rolled off. You, of course, can roll the tubes and decide for yourself. I have the original box. The remote is in excellent shape and has mute/volume. This pre is a great introduction to tubes, or a good office pre with the mute button handy when the phone rings. This also has the output caps modified to SoniCaps, and I believe Russ had Gary Dodd do the modification. This is one very sweet sounding pre-amp, for not a lot of $'s!

There is one slight imperfection!!!!! The AUX1 input has the right channel that does not work. There is a cold solder joint, as you can wiggle it just right and it works. I tried to gently resolder it, but it didn't fix it and I didn't want to apply much heat. If your handy, it's probably an easy fix. It came this way, and it never bothered me because I had 3 other working inputs and that was plenty. I want nothing other than full disclosure for Club Polk!

$350 including shipping to CONUS, extra tubes, and I'll throw in a generic power cord. MO preferred. This does respond well to a Signal Cable Magic Power Cord, but hey, cords/cables don't make a difference do they!
DKG999
HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2007
    Options
    If it came that way, you should have said something man. I don't think I ever used Aux1, regardless, happy to take care of it. Next time, SPEAK UP!!!

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dkg999
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Didn't discover it until a couple of days after I got it, and as I said I could wiggle the wire and make it work. Not really a problem, and if I had more experience with a soldering iron it would probably be easy to fix. Isn't there a song that says 3 out of 4 inputs ain't bad ;)
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Lowell_M
    Lowell_M Posts: 1,660
    edited April 2007
    Options
    This is a solid piece! I have put my ears on this Pre at more than one get together with DKG999 and H9. This would be a bargain!

Doug, if you would have put this up for sale before our last get together at H9's, I would have probably bought it! (but then I decided to stick with SS after hearing the Nak) The Audcom made my RTi70's sing like I didn't know was possible. Great low budget tube pre!
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's
    Signal Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables
  • dkg999
    edited April 2007
    Options
    This would of stayed in the fleet if I hadn't acquired the Dodd ELP from ND13. I'm happy playing with the Dodd for now, and my Rogue 66 has a remote for when I am working at home. Time for some stuff to find new homes!
    DKG999