I thought it was spring...

BobMcG
BobMcG Posts: 1,585
edited April 2007 in The Clubhouse
...so what happened???

Anyone else getting nailed? It's snowing so hard here (again) I don't even have a sat signal. We could be getting up to another 16" of the wet, white crap. ENOUGH ALREADY! :eek:
Post edited by BobMcG on

Comments

• ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited April 2007
    It was snowing this morning in Nashville. Now it is 60 degrees with beautiful skies. Gotta love TN weather!
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited April 2007
    I hate to say it but it's 70 degrees and sunny in north Texas today. A great day for NASCAR! lol Gotta go outside and wash my truck now.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • BobMcG
    edited April 2007
    Well, I'm going to assume a tree branch just came down across the power lines somewhere. Protection in the power substation tripped, the power went out for a short time, but when the station came back online the branch must have come off the lines 'cause the power stayed on... :) for now. Doesn't look promising though. :(
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited April 2007
    We're getting hit next(tomorrow) here in MA......anyone know what it costs to rent one of those massive generators that arrive on a trailer? I can't be without power! :(
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited April 2007
    Thankfully it's just been rain so far here in PA. They were originally calling for snow, but it looks like it's going to stay just a bit warmer.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited April 2007
    65 and partly sunny here in northern IL! I actually got the motorcycle out and took about a 100 mile ride. Very nice! It'll probably snow tomorrow :(
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • BobMcG
    edited April 2007
    Ahhh, motorcycle ride... I can only dream of the day...

At the rate things are going around here mud season is going to run into June!
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited April 2007
    Luckily it looks like this next one is supposed to be all rain for us. Heavy, heavy rain, but no snow... I hope. I've had it.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited April 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Luckily it looks like this next one is supposed to be all rain for us. Heavy, heavy rain, but no snow... I hope. I've had it.

My apartment is gonna flood, 100% sure about it.

Already took the safety steps and got all the power cords off the floor, put all the furniture up on bricks, picked up the rugs, got all the speakers and subwoofer and stuff of the floor.

I can't get more than 1/2" of water before it runs out my door but it's enough to #@&^ing aggrivate anyone.

Not to mention my brother in law has MY wet-dry vac and still hasn't returned it.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited April 2007
    I'm twenty miles south of Atlanta,,, 43,,wind gusts now @ 15 mph,, tree limbs down in some areas,not due to snow though,, gonna hover around 32 tonight,,last week the wife had the AC on,,tonight--heat :confused:
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • del44
    del44 Posts: 686
    edited April 2007
    I was watching the news tonight. The weatherman said it's the coldest April in central Ohio since 1907. :eek:
  • nadams
    edited April 2007
    del44 wrote: »
    I was watching the news tonight. The weatherman said it's the coldest April in Ohio since 1907. :eek:

It's that damn global warming.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited April 2007
    56 tomorrow morning, but 79 later on.
    V
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited April 2007
    nadams wrote: »
    It's that damn global warming.

Yep.

Every year more and more weather anomalies like this one occurs, and they seem to get progressively worse. What else could it be?
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • BobMcG
    edited April 2007
    I just got back inside. Been outside operating my chainsaw to remove a huge White Pine tree that came down across the road I live on narrowly missing my neighbor's house by inches. What a mess. Lite up some flares right away to stop someone from driving around a sharp bend and into it.
    I was on the phone with my father when I heard the crash and told him something big just came down. Then I see my neighbors standing in the road looking at their house...

Oh well, at least the houses and vehicles are OK... for now.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited April 2007
    Been here 20+ years in this house, and today I had to run to Lowes and purchase those plastic flexi downspout extensions. Raining like a **** and tomorrow come the 50-60mph winds with lots more rain.
  • BobMcG
    edited April 2007
    Something just about rattled my teeth.... came down HARD just outside the door next to me! I gotta go investigate...
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited April 2007
    ledhed wrote: »
    It was snowing this morning in Nashville. Now it is 60 degrees with beautiful skies. Gotta love TN weather!

Yeah, and up here it is windy as hell now......The trash can met my Vdub earlier.....:mad:
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited April 2007
    I've got a suggestion...instead of daylight savings time where we turn the clock back one hour, why don't turn the date back one month, so everything will fall back into place?

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2007
    Went to a couple car audio competitions this weekend, one in Atlanta and one in Boaz Alabamastan.

I left the house Saturday morning wearing shorts and talked myself into taking my light jacket "just in case" cause it was supposed to be high 60's that day. Well, the next morning in Alabama, it was 39.....with 20 mph winds....and raining.....then sleeting! I froze my **** off!!!

Luckily I did pack an extra T-shirt so I had 2 to wear and there was a Walmart down the road so I went and bought a pari of pants. I was going to buy a jacket but they didnt have any. Go figure. Middle of April and they had no jackets.

Damn global warming.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2007
    Nothing but high 60's and clear sky's in the OC.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited April 2007
    Spring is here for sure. I was outside on the back deck doing the BBQ thing in a T-Shirt for the first time this year. Had to be at least 8C (46.4F). Nothing better than a nice warm day.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • dane_peterson
    dane_peterson Posts: 1,903
    edited April 2007
    We got 2 days of light snow last week, but it's back to normal now. About 60 degrees today, and I have the sunburn to prove it was nice out! :D
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited April 2007
    Looking out my window at this very moment and there is a snowstorm in progress...expecting around 20 cm. of snow.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited April 2007
    Time to change your name to Joe Parka. ;)
    Michael
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited April 2007
    joeparaski wrote: »
    Looking out my window at this very moment and there is a snowstorm in progress...expecting around 20 cm. of snow.

Joe

I hope that storm stays south Joe as I am heading your way east (Iqaluit) tomorrow morning.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • nadams
    edited April 2007
    Well, that which was supposed to be all rain, turned into snow overnight. There must be a bad wire somewhere up the line, because I keep losing power for a second, then it comes right back on. It's throwing my UPS's for a loop... but that's what they're there for!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2007
    I'm waiting to find out what made the big crash. C'mon Bob, don't keep us in suspense!

I dunno about you guys, but I always enjoy the forum more when Bob sticks his head in from time to time. Now if he can just work on his wayward brother....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,805
    edited April 2007
    I got a small stream flowing out behind my humble abode and it's about 3.5 feet above normal. I watched a red maple slowly go down as the over-flowing stream ate away the dirt underneath the roots. The wind today is making it even more "fun".
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,805
    edited April 2007
    Hey now! NJ declared a state of emergency some time around lunch time today.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!